Chapter 4

Wonwoo woke up at his usual time, a habit he adopted after moving out to live alone. Let say that the man would ask his mom to wake him up on for him to go to school on time, otherwise he would be still on bed by lunch time.

Grabbing light breakfast and coffee at his favorite café, he drove to his workplace in his regular early bird time. He would arrive to do his work early, claiming that he is very unproductive if staying at home.

While driving, he took a sip of his coffee and caught a glimpse of someone that he knew somewhere but the name was blurred, standing near the bus stop, looking down at his phone. As he went nearer, he could figure out that he was the boy he had driven to the hospital at the start of the week.

Without thinking of the possibility of going to work late, he stopped his car right where Mingyu was standing, pull down the passenger window to a slightly angry puppy.

Right now, he was driving stressed Mingyu after the younger told him the direction to his university. Wonwoo often stole a glance at Mingyu who fidgeted his business law book, trying to absorbed as much lesson as possible.

"You got exam today?"

"Yes, hyung. I was supposed to arrive earlier but I woke up late since I was sleeping late too"

The older just assumed that the younger had difficulty in sleeping considering that he had exam today. Mingyu had to leave out the fact that he needs the medication for him to have good rest.

Both of them arrived at the campus 10 minutes before the exam started. Mingyu rushed out of the car, thank his hyung for the ride with promise of taking him out to dinner other time.

~

When Wonwoo made it to his workplace, he immediately saw his colleagues aka Seungcheol and Jeonghan staring weirdly at him. They have been colleagues since Wonwoo started to work at this company. Wonwoo had his dead cat face from the beginning which made no other co-worker wanted to approach him and well those two dudes decided just to adopt him to be part of the gang.

Due to them often seen slacking off during the work, Wonwoo got promoted before them even though they were in the company longer than him. Despite all of that, they claimed that working under Wonwoo is stress-free than working in the upper-class with more work to do and staying here, they still got good money for it.

Although most of the time, only Seungcheol and Jeonghan speaking and flirting with each other, Wonwoo was happy to listen to their nonsense conversation and tea within the company. Originally, he was having a hard time expressing his feeling, talk less, but he does the observation that both of his friends might have something going on to each other. Well, he was waiting for the day they dropped their wedding invitation for him or perhaps one of them asking him to be their best man.

Their coworkers were also not saying anything about Seungcheol and Jeonghan being close with their manager as some of them witness they grew together. Also, as long as, Wonwoo was not being biased and sharing the work equally, they liked the way it is now. Instead, they noticed that he would give them more works on purpose whenever they disturbed him too much.

"What?" Wonwoo said when the both of them followed him to his office.

"You're 30 minutes late." Seungcheol said, eyes full of curiosity with his hands on Wonwoo's desk. Meanwhile, Jeonghan had a mischievous smile on his face and crossed his hands. Wonwoo knew these two dudes would not go anywhere until they squeezed the hell out every information that they want from him.

"When was the last time this guy late for work? Before dinosaur? Damn Wonwoo, I did not know you could wake up late." Seungcheol continued.

"He does not wake up late." Jeonghan pointed out, fully faced Wonwoo. "Are you busy dropping off your one-night stand?"

The youngest of the three stared dead into Jeonghan's eyes.

"Or maybe not. So, tell us Mr. always-an-early-bird-but-come-late-today. Where were you going?"

"First of all, hyung, I do not have time for one night stand, I dated to marry, alright? Second, I drove my mom's friend's son to his school since he missed his bus."

"Your- what?" Seungcheol peaked up.

"The son of my mom's friend"

"Is this some pedo shit I'm seeing? Cause I'm about to call the damn police." Jeonghan's hand tapped on his working suit to find his phone.

"No, Jeonghan hyung. Ugh, he is an adult for god sake. I saw that he was revising his business law for the exam today."

"Phew, here I thought you're trying to hook up with high school student."

Now even Seungcheol look to Jeonghan as if he is insane. "You think Wonwoo would do something like that? Come on, be more rational."

"Okay, stop arguing. Seungcheol hyung, can you tell the others that we will have a meeting in an hour?"

"Sure thing, manager" the oldest saluted him and went out of the office.

"And Jeonghan hyung, aren't you suppose to give me the analysis of sales to me today?"

"Oh yeah right. Gotta go. Bye bye." Showing his sheepish grin, Jeonghan also bid goodbye to finish his work.

"These troublesome guys are gone now. So, what should we do today?" Wonwoo murmured to himself, while scrolling down his computer. 

-------------

Jeongcheol? 🧐

I'm so excited for tomorrow comeback. Looking forward to God of Music 🤩🤩