Chapter 11

In the meantime, Wonwoo was working on his computer, checking up all of the documents that Jeonghan had sent to him earlier.

"Is it just me or Wonwoo worked extra hard today?" Jeonghan started the conversation with Seungcheol who were busy preparing financial statements for the finance manager aka Jeon Wonwoo.

"Go away, Jeonghan. I'm busy." the older one responded without glancing up at the latter.

"I mean, look at him. He ain't like this yesterday. That kid surely had something hiding from us. I can sense it." Jeonghan inferred while sipping on his second cup of coffee since this morning.

"Just ask him during the lunch break, or try one of your tricks to make him open up about it."

"I guess I could do that."

"Right, now shoo. I'm going to finish this shit today or else he will make me work overtime again." Seungcheol motioned with his hand sending Jeonghan away.

"You are no fun. I'm going to find Jisoo."

"Yeah, yeah" the older flipped another page of the document on the table.

"I'm really going now." the younger tried to get different reaction from the older.

Seungcheol replied with 'hmm' without tearing his eyes from his work on the computer.

Jeonghan made an unsatisfied sound, grumpily walked away. Herecently got transfer to the audit department, the reason is still unknown. Lastweek, Wonwoo came to his desk and told him that he needs to pack his things toaudit team. His mood dropped since then.

Seungcheol looked up from his work to the man that just strolled away from him, then leaned back to relax his head with his hand cover up his tired eyes from staring into the computer three consecutive days.

"You have a fight with Jeonghan hyung?"

The man jumped from his chair, shocks showcased on his face, his hand flied to the left side of his chest, feeling his rapid heartbeat. Wonwoo stood there, arm crossed, face deadpanned.

"You gotta stop scaring me like that. I almost had a heart attack."

"You avoid my question, hyung" Wonwoo stated with raised eyes brow.

"I'll tell you later, okay? I have to done this shit; you've been asking for."

"Oh yeah, the financial statement. Hurry up, then. The audit department has been asking for it."

"I suddenly don't want to do it anymore."

"Why? What wrong? I saw you're working on that for 3 days already."

"Nothing. Can I get a half-day off tomorrow?"

"Sure, but you gotta finished that today. I already told Jisoo hyung that you're going to hand in that. He's expecting you." Wonwoo said while turning his back to the office.

"Goddamn, Jeon Wonwoo." Seungcheol uttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing, go do your things." The older replied.

"Oh, by the way, do I have any schedule this evening?" the younger halted and looked back at his assistant.

"No, why?"

"Okay, I'll clock out early today"

"Why? Auntie's not well?" the older sat up straight.

"No, I got somewhere to go." Wonwoo waved it off.

"To where?"

"Nowhere. Finish the financial statement or I'll deduct 5% of your salary for this month."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me, hyung." The manager smiled innocently while closing the door of the office.

"Aish, this kid, I swear I'm going to age faster the longer I'm with him." Seungcheol slumped back to his chair, stared at the excel tab shown on the computer. "There is no choice but to finish you then. Please, balance well."

~

Jeonghan came back to his department, giving weak smile to those he had eye contact with. Arriving at Jisoo's office, he collapsed on the soft cushion that were meant for the client meet up.

"For a while, I thought you are finance department people, since you spend almost all of your time there."

"I still have to do my job here to get salary."

"Just say that you came back because Seungcheol ignore you, I won't judge."

"Seriously though, what wrong with that guy? One day, he got all lovey dovely with me; the other day, straight up ignoring me." Jeonghan sat up with sulky expression, brought one of the cushions and lay it on his laps.

"Have a talk with him, communicating is everything, apply to both friendships and relationship."

"I know, but he always said he's busy this day. That Jeon Wonwoo gave my Ddaddu a hard time."

Jisoo spitted out his coffee that he just drank previously to the documents that spread over his desk. Luckily, those aren't important, he could print them out again. Jeonghan grabbed the tissue box on the coffee table and rushed to help his friend clean up his mess.

"Say that again."

"Say what again?"

"The things you said earlier."

"What? that he's busy?"

"No, after that."

"Jeon Wonwoo gave him hard time?"

"NO, the nickname one."

"Oh, you mean ddaddu?"

"What now?"

"I called him ddaddu, just recently; he doesn't know though. Don't tell him."

"Wah, Yoon Jeonghan. You fall in so deep right now. He's so much as to get code name." Jisoo exaggerated

"It is not that bad. I always come up with nickname to call people."

"What's mine, then?"

"Joshuji"

"Joshuji? That's so lame for my nickname, yet you gave him a cute one."

Jeonghan gasped, "the nickname I put for people is inevitably cute, okay? I even thought that yours are the best one. Ungrateful bitch."

"Yah, we're in company right now. Watch your mouth." He pointed to the latter with his pen to which the other replied by sticking his tongue out, "Watch that tongue of yours too, or I might chop it off."

Both of them calm themselves down.

"Anyway, I was expecting him in my office today."

"Who?"

"Your Ddaddu."

"Why? What did he do?"

"Chill man, he ain't do anything wrong; don't worry. It's that he needs to summit the financial statement for us to audit, the shareholders want to take a look at the audited one by the end of this month." Jisoo countered.

"I see, so you are the one that put my man into distress." Jeonghan implied.

"Upgrading to 'my man' now, understood. To my defense, I also got the order from the upper-class and it is his job to do the financial statement itself. So, don't blame me."

"Still. What time does he come?"

"I don't know, whenever he completes it, I think."

"Right. Do you need me to do anything? I'm kinda bored." Jeonghan got on his feet.

"Will do, when your man brings in the document. Right now, can you make me another coffee?" Jisoo replied, extending his cup.

"On it."

-------------

Another update cuz I'm feeling generous today 🥰