Chapter 15

Wonwoo was brushing his teeth in the bathroom when he remembered the talk with Mingyu's mom yesterday.

"Hey, sweetie. How come he likes this?"

"I don't really know too, auntie. We don't even have alcohol. He was asleep on the way here." Wonwoo lied the last part, because who had the courage to tell the mother that her child was falling asleep in between their hand. Nope, definitely not Wonwoo.

"Ahh, I see. Then he either must have trusted you a lot or you radiated some sort of calming effect on him." Mama Kim gently giggled.

"He's probably just tired, auntie. I don't radiate any energy at all."

"Oh no, that's a wrong one." She gave him a hearty laugh, "I knew my son very well. He can't rest even if he tired himself. He always sneaked out whenever he thought I was asleep to take the sleeping pills."

Mama Kim took a deep breath and continued, "Mingyu, he hadn't slept well without pills for a while now, seeing him rest with you here last time and now, making me very astonished."

She coughed, Wonwoo leaded her to the sofa then rushed to the kitchen to poured a glass of water for her. The elder thanked him, taking his hand into her.

"Please take care of our Mingyu, he had been heartbroken in the past. I really don't want to see him in that state again." Mama Kim gave Wonwoo a light squeeze. "He seems to be fond of you a lot, so if you don't return the same energy to him, you should leave before anything get deeper than this."

"Sure auntie, I will keep it in my mind."

"Right, it's getting late now, you should go home." She smiled.

"Yes, auntie. Then, have a nice rest." Wonwoo bowed a little and left the house.

Wonwoo slapped his own face when he realized that he had been zoning out this whole time. He managed to finish his routine after many zoned out later and drove himself to work.

Arriving at the company, he was greeted by coworkers and returned back slight nods. His assistant, Seungcheol, followed him to the office to report his schedule for today.

"Oh, manager-"

"Don't call me that hyung, it's only us two here. You can call me as usual."

"Okay, Wonwoo, we have an intern coming to our department today."

"Alright, you can take care of them." He started to work on the document that he had to bring to meet the client in the afternoon.

"Do I need to bring him to meet you or not?"

"No need, they only come here to intern to get experience. After that they would find another company to work." The manager confided.

"If you said so." The assistant sputtered. "I'll call you for lunch."

Wonwoo nodded, Seungcheol took it as a sign to retreat to his own workplace.

Back at his place, he was disappointed. Usually, at around this hour, a particular man was already there, twirling his office chair like he owned the place. Except this time, the chair was not twirling and there was no trace of that man coming at all.

Seungcheol wondered if he had gone too far with the ignorance. What if the other decided not to pampered him anymore.

"Seungcheol oppa, the intern is here." His thought was interrupted by his coworker who knocked and opened the door to his office, informing him.

"Thank you, Minhee."

The assistant manager came out from his office to welcome the new comer.

"Good morning, sir. My name is Kim Mingyu. I am currently a sophomore. I was told to come to this department."

"Good morning, Mingyu. My name is Seungcheol. I work as finance assistant manager. I'll be your supervisor for these 3 months." Seungcheol introduced himself, "hopefully, you would continue working here after your internship ends."

"Sure, sir." Mingyu answered uncertainty.

"No need the formality, call me hyung. Everyone here does." the older beamed, "it makes us closer; you know."

"Yes, hyung."

"Right, let meet the colleague that you will be working with." Seungcheol directed Mingyu to his team, clapped his hand twice to get his coworker attention, "Guys, this is Mingyu. He will be working with us for a while, please take care of him."

He then faced Mingyu, and introduced the team back to him.

"This is Minhee, Lee Minhee, our finance analyst."

"This is Seonghwa, Park Seonghwa, our accountant."

"This is Yunho, Jeong Yunho, our bookkeeper."

All of them nodded and shook hand when hearing their name to greet the new boy to their department.

"And this is your workplace, you can use whatever that was provided. You could also decorate it to how you like. I will send you your work email later along with the work assigned for you." Seungcheol informed the intern, "so feel free to ask any of us for help, they all are very friendly."

The assistant manager gave Mingyu a light encourage tap on the shoulder and off to his office.

Minhee walked into the coffee room in their department and came back with two cups of iced latte and a bunch of sweeteners.

"Mingyu-ssi, you like coffee?" she took a sip from one of the cups

"Yes, I do."

"Here you go," The woman extended the other cup to Mingyu, "I don't know how you like your coffee so I brought out some sweeteners."

"Thank you, Minhee-ssi." The intern received the coffee with both of his hand politely.

"I think it is a bit rude to ask but how old are you?" she cautiously asked, "it's okay if you're mind, I just want to know how to address each other."

"Not at all, but I am 20 this year."

"You indeed are the youngest here." Minhee piped in, "So I am 24. Hwa is also 24. Yunho is 23. Our assistant manager is an oldie, he is 26. Lastly our manager is 25."

"Oh, Seungcheol hyung didn't mention the manager's name earlier and I haven't met him yet, should I go greet him?"

Mingyu's back was facing the manager's room, hence he didn't know that the manager was out from his office and approaching them.

"Minhee, I need you to go to meet the client with me since Seungcheol hyung is busy."

Familiar husky voice rang through his ear, sending chills all over his body. His mind only thought of one person whom he just went out together yesterday.

It cannot be happening, right? The world isn't this small, right? His inner voice screamed; his heart ran in hundred miles per hour. While he rolled around his chair, all of the questions he had in mind were answered.

In front of him was the man that he would be working under in these 3 month, Jeon Wonwoo.

------------- 

Enjoy the early update!! 🤗