Chapter 7

"Come on, kid. I'll bring you home."

Wonwoo stretched out his hand, Mingyu accepted the hand expecting the older just want to help him getting up. Except that they still linked hand on the way to Wonwoo's car. It's seemed like Wonwoo did not know he was still holding the younger hand.

Upon arriving at the car, the older on of the two looked at the younger and found him looking at the ice cream truck stopped about two or three cars behind him.

"Shall we get some ice cream first?" Wonwoo blurted out.

"It's okay, hyung. Let's go." Startled by the sudden question, Mingyu politely rejected the invitation.

"I insisted, also I was craving some ice cream earlier."

Wonwoo pulled Mingyu from his car to where the ice cream truck located. Although the truck was a little bit small, the owner got various choices of flavor to choose and topping for his ice cream. Mingyu was in awe, excitedly jumping up and down, showing off his canine smile, all of this sadness was long forgotten.

"One scoop of mint chocolate and one scoop of vanilla, please. Which do you want, hyung?"

"I'll take a cone of chocolate flavor, thank you. How much?" Wonwoo put down his order and pull out his wallet to pay for both him and Mingyu's ice cream.

"Hyung, you don't have to pay for mine. I have money too, see?" Mingyu also pulled out his wallet but Wonwoo simply shook his head disapproved. 

"I invited you so I have to pay."

"But hyung"

"No but. I already paid. Come here, other people want to order too."

While waiting for the order, Wonwoo noticed that Mingyu right knuckle was bleeding. Why didn't he aware of this sooner when holding Mingyu hand.

"Wait here. I go to that pharmacy for a bit." The older stood up and jogged to the said pharmacy.

Mingyu went to pick up their ice cream as the owner shouted out their order number. As he put down their ice cream, Wonwoo came back with a bottle of alcohol, cotton pads and a batch of plasters.

The younger looked strangely at the older when he gestures him to give his hand. The younger just did as he was told, even he himself didn't know that his hand was injured. Wonwoo poured the alcohol onto the cotton pad, patting on the younger's knuckles to clean his wound and finally sticked the plaster on to avoid further infection.

"Okay, it's done. Dig in your ice cream. It's melting." Wonwoo said after finish collecting the trash that he used into the plastic bag.

"Mind telling me why are you still out here at this hour, kid?" By now they were walking back to Wonwoo's car since it was already late at night. Wonwoo approached the topic with caution. He might not know what it is but he thought that it would be badly affected the younger.

"I think it's alright to tell you, I guess" Mingyu spoke up after some time.

"You can do it at your pace, I wouldn't mind at all." the older assured the younger.

Wonwoo was patiently listening throughout the time the younger told his story. At some point, he was ready to throw all of his cold guy appearance and hold Mingyu in his arm though he was the smaller one.

"Hyung, why are you so good to me?" Mingyu asked sometime later when seated in the older car. 

"Huh?" Wonwoo perplexedly looked at him.

"Since this morning, I got that I persuade you into driving me to school but right now shouldn't you just come to find me and then bring me home?"

"Honestly I don't know too" the man replied with his eyes staring into nothing, probably thinking about what the younger pointed out.

Yeah, ever since the night at the hospital where Wonwoo just embrace the younger while he was crying.  When he went as far as dropping Mingyu off to school when he knew that he will definitely be late for work. When he didn't drive Mingyu home right after he found him. When he observed Mingyu that much from Mingyu wanting to eat ice cream to his bruised hand. He was not usually like this not even to Seungcheol and Jeonghan who he has known for almost 8 years. What make it special for him to do this to the younger?

Mingyu observed the older blank expression then glanced back at his laps. He was prepared to make a do or die decision

"Wonwoo hyung, do you want to go on a date with me?"

-------------

cliffhanger 👀

Hope you have a good day 🙌 and if no one told you this today, I'm proud of your guys for whatever work or job that you have been doing ✊✨