CHAPTER IV- THE D'DAY

The wedding ceremony was small and simple, with only a few close friends and family members in attendance. Chloe and Mark stood at the altar, their eyes locked on each other.
As the officiant began the ceremony, Chloe's mind was racing. She couldn't believe that this was really happening. But as she looked into Mark's eyes, she felt a flicker of hope. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all.
The officiant pronounced them husband and wife, and the guests broke into applause. But as they made their way back down the aisle, a sudden silence fell over the crowd. Everyone was looking at the door, their eyes wide with shock. There, standing in the doorway, was Flora. Her face was pale, and her hands were shaking.
"What is she doing here?" Chloe whispered to Mark.
"I don't know," he whispered back. "But we have to deal with this."
Chloe took a deep breath and walked towards Flora. "What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice cold.
"I couldn't let you go through with this," Flora said, her voice trembling. "I love you, Mark. I always have." Chloe felt the world spinning around her. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "But you're with her," she said, her voice barely a whisper.
Mark then said. "I  I'm so sorry, Flora. I never meant to hurt you."
Tears were streaming down Chloe's face now. She didn't know what to say. She had been Abused,lied to and betrayed by the two people she trusted the most in the world but never embarrassed in suck a miltitude.
"I have to go," she said, turning and running out of the room.
Chloe sat in her room, her head in her hands. She couldn't believe what had happened. Just when she thought she was finally happy, everything had fallen apart.
There was a knock on the door, and Chloe jumped. She wasn't sure if she wanted to see anyone right now. But then she heard a voice.
"Chloe, it's me. Can I come in?"
It was her mother. Chloe took a deep breath and said, "Yes."
Queen Maria opened the door and walked over to her daughter. She sat down next to her on the bed. "I know this is hard, sweetheart and you are hurt. You were forced into this and now utterly embarrassed to the core" Queen Maria said, her voice soft. "But I think you should know the truth we did this to protect you from Ceaser and give you a good future"
Chloe looked up at her mother, her eyes red and swollen from crying. "What do you mean?" she asked.
Queen Maria took a deep breath. "The contract was my idea," she said. "It wasnt the King's."
Chloe's jaw dropped. "What?" she asked, not believing what she was hearing. "Why would you do that?"
"I  was just trying to protect you, you see we owe the Belense kingdom a whole lot and that's why we agreed to your marriage,King Somali is powerful with allies he could kill us and kick your dad out from sitting council" Queen Maria said. " But with this alliance your protection is sure, your status is sure,no abuse is sure and most importantly the kingdom is safe and booming with powerful allies and a joint no attack clause. I am sorry I did what I thought was best as a mother and a queen my duty is my children,which include you and the people". Crying Chloe says  "But I don't understand," Chloe said, her voice cracking. "If you were trying to protect me, why didn't you just tell me the truth? I would understand and definitely consent ,after all I am a queen too" Chloe said admit tears"I  was afraid you would be angry with me " Queen Maria said. "I didn't want to lose your trust."
Chloe thought about that for a moment. "But why would he think I would be angry with you? When you have nothing but my interest at heart" she asked. "I've always trusted you and you know it."
"I was afraid that you would feel betrayed by the fact that we wanted to marry you off like you were nothing but a business deal," Queen Maria said. "Please I am sorry my dear go back to your wedding and make this a reality. I beg you

                        *******

Meanwhile Flora and Mark Anthony are talking in one of the rooms in the palace. Mark knocked on the door to the room Flora's currently wallowed in sorrow, his heart pounding. He didn't know what to expect, but he knew he had to talk to her.
The door opened and Flora stood there, her eyes red and swollen from crying. "What do you want?" she asked, her voice cold.
"I'm so sorry, Flora," Mark said, his voice shaking. "I never meant to hurt you."
"I don't want to hear it," Flora said, turning to walk away.
"Please, just hear me out," Mark said, grabbing her arm. "I can explain everything." "Why should I listen to you,you were tricked and forced into this marriage, you didn't even try one bit to fight for us what kind of love do you stand here to proface for me" Flora said, reluctantly sitting down on the couch. "You didn't even think about what we have give through together"
Mark took a deep breath. "I know this is going to be hard to hear, but I need you to understand why I did what I did," he said. "It all started with my father."
He went on to explain how his father had been worried about the future of the kingdom putting her attitude and lack of leadership skills into consideration, and which lead to his welcoming of the idea of the contract when King August suggested it. He told her about how he had been against it at first, but had eventually agreed to go along with it especially after the recorded agreement,his actions and all. "I know it was wrong," Mark said, his eyes pleading with Flora. "But I didn't want to disappoint my father. I didn't want him to think I wasn't capable of leading the kingdom, I would have used another way but after all that has happened between me and Chloe even though I was cornered, I have to take responsibility for my action, after all all evidences points against me and I can't successful fight if in the court council even if I try"
Flora looked at him, her face unreadable. "That doesn't excuse what you did," she said. "You still betrayed me."
"I know, and I'm so so sorry, from the deepest part of my heart" Mark said. "I want to make it up to you. I want to do whatever it takes to earn your forgiveness and feel the void of your pain."
There was a long silence, and then Flora finally spoke. "You can start by ending this sham you and your family call a marriage. Don't you realize with all our individual flaws we belong to each other and we shouldn't allow anyone who couldn't keep a marriage before ruin it," she said. "What do you mean?"
Mark asked. "Oh so you didn't know or you Father kept that little information to himself,"
"I didn't know what? Common Flora please speak in clear terms."
And so she began to tell him everything about Chloe's marriage, from the very first time she had married ceaser, to the moment he had started physically abusing her. Shee told him about the doubts he had had, and the guilt he had felt for her, was nothing because he was tricked and was noe married to someone else's queen. She told him everything, holding nothing back.
As she spoke, Mark Anthony's expression grew, and a small wicked smile appeared on her face. "so what my father has intentionally caused a war between two powerful colonies just to get his heart desires. But Flora I cannot still marry you as I am already married to Chloe and as you said her father made sure of a divorce so there's no use fighting for us. I cannot marry you except she is dead, besides my father has promised to give you any position of honor you desire in the court and help your brother win the Brunei battle and become king of Brunei with his marriage to their princess Adora. What do you say". Flora fumes "so after all we have been through together you end it because of a mere commoner how dare you. How could you" with tears Mark Anthony hugs her filled with sadness and hoping to the  Goddess ISIS that she understands and isn't hurt, but who is he kidding he is hurt beyond measure, how much more her, but if he should be honest with himself, It has happened and nothing can be done except to build a good life for himself and a horrible his future queen as well as his new in-laws. What has happened has happened but they were going to pay dearly for making him and he woman he loves suffer in this way.

                         ******
As the sun rose on a new day, the people of the kingdom gathered in the throne room to witness the long-awaited royal Coranation. The guests were all assembled, and the air was thick with anticipation.
The doors opened, and Flora entered the room, accompanied by her father. The crowd gasped as they saw her, for she was the very image of beauty and grace. She wore a flowing white dress, her hair braided with flowers. Her eyes sparkled, and her smile lit up the room.
Behind her, Mark entered the room, his face serious and his eyes fixed on Flora with rage and lust, he hated her but he had to confess, she was indeed a goddess. The two of them walked slowly down the aisle, their gazes never leaving each other on with love and the other with nothing but hatred. They reached the front of the room, and turned to face the officiant.
The officiant began the ceremony, and as he spoke, the guests watched in silence. But as the ceremony went on, something began to stir in the crowd. A murmur started to build, and then grew into a roar. The guests were shouting and cheering, their voices filling the room.
The officiant paused, confused by the commotion. But then he saw what the guests were pointing at, and his eyes widened in shock. There, standing at the back of the room, was the king Alfred his eyes were bright and his face was filled with joy.
The king smiled at the crowd, his voice booming with emotion. "Today, I have seen my son marry the woman who would make him a better ruler," he said. "And I am filled with happiness. But more than that, I am filled with pride. Pride in my son, and pride in my kingdom."
The crowd cheered even louder, their voices echoing off the walls of the throne room. And in that moment, the king knew that everything would be all right. As the ceremony came to an end, the newly-weds walked down the aisle, hand in hand. And as they did, the crowd lined up to congratulate them. They offered the couple their best wishes, and showered them with gifts.
But there was one gift that stood out above all the rest. It was a small package, wrapped in gold paper and tied with a red ribbon. The king handed it to his son, his eyes shining with pride.
Mark took the package and opened it, revealing a golden crown. Mark looked at his father, his eyes filled with questions. The king smiled and spoke softly. "This is the crown of the kingdom," he said. "And it is yours now, My son the kingdom is officially yours for you are now ready to take up the reigns."
Mark was speechless. He had never expected to be given such a responsibility. But he knew that he had to accept it, for the sake of his people.
The king placed the crown on Mark's head, and the crowd erupted in cheers. The new king and queen waved to their people, and then made their way out of the throne room. As the sun set on that momentous day, the new king and queen made their way to their chambers. They were both exhausted, but they couldn't sleep. They sat on the balcony, watching the stars twinkle in the sky.
"Do you think we're ready for this?" Chloe asked in her voice soft.
Flora thought for a moment, and then she turned to him, and continued her eyes filled with naive love. "I think we'll figure it out together," she said. "We'll learn as we go, and we'll face whatever comes our way." Mark smiled, and pulled her close. "You're right," he said. "We can do anything, as long as we're together but this marriage isn't going to be a soft ride for you, you are going to suffer, you will regret everyday, for putting me and my dear fiance in this mess you will prefer you stayed with ceaser."
They stood there for a long time, just staring at each other's in their diverse thoughts then Mark Anthony stormed out angry. Chloe stood there in tears as she watched the stars, she had felt that their future was bright until now, that no matter what challenges they faced, they would always have each other. And that was all that mattered.
In that moment, they knew that they were  just king and queen bound by nothing but a contract. They were husband and wife in the debts of hell and she was set to be miserable all her life. After leaving Ceaser she felt would face the future together, no matter what it held,as long as she had strongwill like her father said but it seems faith has other plans for her.

               ******