CHAPTER XIX - SORTING OUR DIFFERNCES

After venting out to mark Anthony he didn't do anything to assure me that it was all in my head, he didn't even sleep in our chambers this night, I knew because I hadn't slept a wink last night, I was full of hope that he would come back but he didn't

I was right after all he only sees me as a means to an end a means to grow his kingdom, a means he couldn't pass out on.

I stood up from bed as soon as the sun rose and made my way to Tara's kingdom, I needed someone to talk to, someone who knew me much more than my parents and much more than my own husband.

After three hours of the long chariot ride, I reached her palace and my footman told her doorman who I was, immediately he heard he announced my arrival, and my friend came screaming down on my neck.

"I thought since you got married and are the mighty Queen of EswathI I would never see you again my friend" Tara spoke but a sad sarcastic expression.

I laughed because she was being overly dramatic, I mean why?

My friend and I walked into her room I sat down on the bed; I was immediately greeted by her pet dog Magnus.

He ran and cuddled round my feet it had indeed been a while since I saw him.

I was so happy to see him, coming closer Tara smiled "oh what a happy reunion" I laughed and patted her

"Oh, don't be jealous about my great bond with your dog. You know you will always be my favorite person" she smiled, and we hugged.

I was so happy to be here with her, it was so long that I had a friend by my side. Soon she turned serious.

"So, what's the matter, why did you come here" I laughed "so can't I come here to see my dearest and closet friend?" I laughed while she gave me that look before stating that she was serious.

I sighed and told her everything that happened and my feelings about Mark Anthony. She didn't say anything my friend just held me listened to me and allowed me to cry my eyes out. After a whole full hour of crying, she suggested that we go to a friend's party as a way of cheering me up.

Leave it to Tara to think parties can cheer a person up, normally I wouldn't agree but I need to clear my mind.

We walked into the party wearing the most prorogating and elegant dress there was to find and mad our way to the party.

We partied like there was not tomorrow, we were drinking at the head of the party with Caesar's sister Olivia walked in with what looked like a five-year-old boy who looked so much like a blend of Ceaser and I. suddenly princess Amber of wallentia pointed out "hey that boy looks so much like you" I laughed and nodded and said "maybe because he belongs to my former sister in law, that guys genes were rather strong" they all laughed at my reply when Hildegard pointed out "or many he is your son, the resemblance is uncanning, plus I remember King Somali trying to marry her off for protection alliance and half the normal dowry because it is said she can't mother a child, so how come she has a son" that statement drew my attention to her and the boy, I looked at her closely, if my child was alive he would be the same age . I did say "Amber you have to do something for me, she doesn't know you as my friend, so please can you get her drunk and get all the details of the child for me? Please?" without hesitation she agreed.

My heart was pounding as I watched amber do her thing, after a few minutes, Olivia's eyes connect with mine and she immediately tries to flee.

I tried to go after her, but Tara stops me trying to talk in the danger of my fast wit thinking if I slip up, I went down in tears drinking, my child could be alive after all and I knew nothing about him, I was a bad mother.

I ran to the back of the room drunk and crying out loud, I felt like the room was spinning and I was about to fall when strong powerful hands went out to me holding me just in place, I saw his face before darkness engulfed my whole being MARK ANTHONY'S POV

I came back into the room the next morning after spending nearly all night.

And she was nowhere to be found, she left because her guards' maids, doorman and coachmen were all missing. She probably left me because of my stupidity, I couldn't tell her that she was overthinking it and that I really loved her more than life itself. Oh, this is all my fault.

It's been six hours since I found out she left and to say I was mad was an understatement, I was ballistic, I had to find her anyhow.

I was till pacing around my trashed chamber when Bowtinaga walked in, he had a letter from her friend Princess Tara via her head guard asking me to come over if I really wanted her back and safe, emphasis on safe by the way.

Immediately without any waste of time I went down, I saw Tara and two other princesses I had come in contact with sometime ago They sent me to anally behind the party ground, I was already angry she even came to party but when I saw her all my anger depicted She was on the ground drunk and in tears, it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my body, I had made her sad up to the extent she was willing to do this to herself. I picked her up bridal style to my coach and asked my coachman to ride after me.

After what felt like hours we arrived at the palace and I made my way back to our chambers after escaping the evading questions of my parents and hers, wondering what they were doing here, but right now is not the time for questions.

I lid her on the bed and got a cold washcloth and placed on her head, she began murmuring.

"My life is a mess, he doesn't love me, where is my son" I was speechless, what was she talking about, what the hell did she mean by her statement? What the hell happened in that bar? All these questions and more kept running through my head with little or no feasible explanations or answers.

How do you think Mark Anthony will react to Cleo having a son with another man and how do you think this awesome pair will repair their relationship? what do you think will happen to them going forward. comment below your thoughts and don't forget to vote. thanks