Chapter 6

"Do you want some more, Ba Reum?" Chi kook's mum asked, already ladling another spoonful of food on his plate before he could answer, "you're looking so skinny. They're working you to the bone at that school,"

"Police need to have a good condition," Ba Reum said, secretly having been eyeing the food and wondering if it would have been rude to ask for seconds.

"That's true, and how is it going?" the woman asked, listening to Ba Reum talk about the school, trying to be positive even though one of his teachers was a horrible man. He had never expected to have his old PE teacher an instructor there, and the man clearly remembered Ba Reum.

And the fact that he had been fired by a series of incidents, one of which was not letting Ba Reum go to the toilet when he asked, and the very embarrassing memory of pooping himself at school.

Thanks to Chi kook and Dong Koo, it had escalated, and more complaints came up from littles who had to beg to go and had to suffer through several insults afterwards.

At least his friends had stood behind him, even though they hadn't known he was a little back then and had believed the excuse that he was ill.

Ba Reum could still remember being called 'poopy pants' by the teacher though, a nickname he was now using at the police school.

"Dong Koo said he talked to you about getting a caregiver," Chi Kook said, trying to seem casual.

"Ah, yes, he did," Ba Reum said, trying to not feel to feel embarrassed. He didn't really like talking about his headspace with his friends, scared that he would betray a little too much about it. He still barely could wrap his mind about the fact that they haven't left him.

"And?" Chi Kook asked while Ba Reum shoved some more food in his mouth, trying to stall.

"Well, I inscribed in the little agency," Ba Reum said slowly, feeling apprehensive, "and I got an appointment with a caregiver this weekend,"

"You do? That's wonderful," Chi Kook said, looking a little relieved. He had been worrying a lot about his friend. The way he actively seemed to avoid acting on his headspace and resisted every mention of going into headspace near him, was enough to make him feel pity.

The fact that there wasn't a single toy at his home-made Chi Kook believe that even if Ba Reum spend some time in headspace, it can't be very satisfying at all.

"I guess," Ba Reum said, still not feeling entirely sure about it all. He had it all under control himself, and brining a stranger into it seemed to just unbalance him and he didn't know if he wanted to go on with it.

"I bet it's going to be great," Chi Kook said, still smiling, and Ba Reum could do nothing but nod and silently eat his meal while Chi Kook and his family talked about how good it would be for him.

"Something wrong with the prosecutor?" Moo Chi asked his colleague, who looked up from the file.

"You mean Ji?" Ha Neul asked, and Moo Chi nodded, "why?"

"He just slammed his door so hard, a picture fell down from the wall," Moo Chi said, looking worried.

"Mmh, don't know what it is," Ha Neul said, "but best keep our heads down,"

"Ah, right," Moo Chi said with a wince, making Ha Neul raise an eyebrow.

"No," the man said, looking at Moo Chi who tried his best to look innocent, "what did you do?"

"Nothing bad bad. I mean, I got the warrant..." Moo Chi said.

"When?" Ha Neul asked, and Moo Chi shrugged, "god, is he going to find out?"