Chapter 9

"Ah, prosecutor Ji, we've been expecting you," the director said, greeting the tall prosecutor, who nodded stiffly, not having wanted to be there at the moment, and not having counted on it at all.

"Yes, of course. So, today we were doing a tour, and then I'll go over the program and see if there are a few detectives who are willing to give a few classes about real cases," Hyuk said, going over the schedule, and hoping the man would stick to it, and that it wouldn't wind up being one of those overly long tours.

"Yes, indeed. Very short and businesslike," the director said, looking slightly taken aback. Hyuk frowned, not wanting to be short, but he didn't defend himself.

Normally, he should've started his halftime schedule this week, and he had for the past few days, but Cha had an emergency, and he was supposed to do a tour of the police school today, to meet the students, and see if there was improvement necessary.

And thus he was here, doing a tour of the school and perhaps hear about what the new recruits were doing and just hoping that it would be over soon. The facilities were quickly inspected, Hyuk taking notes here and there when necessary and asking questions. It wasn't because he didn't want to be there, that he would do a bad job, no, that's not him.

"We are trying to invest in diversity as well. Most of our students are males, base and caregivers, but we have a fair number of girls, and there is even a little this year," the principal said.

"Oh, that's good. We have a few detectives who are littles," Hyuk commented, pleased to hear that some of them dared to come in these kinds of jobs. He followed the man down a few hallways, looking inside a few classrooms.

"There are currently classes held here, so we best keep out," the director said, just when a door barely opened and a young woman slipped out, looking surprised to see the two of them standing there.

She looked hesitant, but then her face looked a lot more certain, and she quickly jogged to them.

"Excuse me, director, but I have a concern," she said, glancing at Hyuk.

"A concern? Is it urgent?" the man asked, feeling annoyed that she was bothering him now. He didn't want anything negative to be said with the prosecutor there and hoped that she would get the message.

"Yes, it is. The teacher is harassing one of the students, a little," the girl said, and Hyuk immediately felt his hackles rise at that.

"You sure he's not overreacting?" the director said, and then Hyuk glared at the man, making him feel as of he had just done a faux pas. But surely, this scary looking man couldn't be a caregiver?

"Let's go check it out," the prosecutor said, already moving towards the classroom the girl had come from, the director hurriedly following, praying that it wasn't going to be anything troublesome in the classroom.

Without so much as knocking Hyuk opened the door, making the teacher turn around and look at him with a frown.

"Yes, can I help you?" the man asked, looking confused, and looking a little worried when he saw the director enter the room as well. Hyuk didn't bother answering the man, instead looking around the room to find the little the girl had been talking about.

"He's over there," the girl said, pointing to a student standing in the corner, the seat of his pants soiled from where he clearly had messed himself.

"Why is he in the corner?" Hyuk asked, and the teacher seemed unwilling to answer that simple question, instead being evasive in the slightest.

"How I teach my classes are none of your business," the man said, and the director winced.

"Actually it is," Hyuk said, his voice dark and deep and having a no-nonsense quality to it.