Chapter 17

Hyuk had been taken by surprise when he saw Ba Reum's face scrunch up and the little started to cry. It wasn't very loud, but it was intense, and Hyuk just sat there, holding Ba Reum until he managed to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry," Ba Reum said, his voice soft and not taking himself out of those big and strong arms just yet, taking comfort in their solidness and strength and gentleness, "don't know what overcame me,"

"It's okay," Hyuk said, patting Ba Reum's head and stroking his back, "we all have these moments,"

Ba Reum nodded, the big man more feeling than seeing the movement. A few moments later, Ba Reum pushed himself off the man, feeling a little dizzy from all the emotions. He was about to wipe his eyes with his sleeve, when Hyuk did it for him with a tissue.

Gently, he wiped the paper over Ba Reum's eyes, gentle and softly, before holding it up to his nose.

"Blow, please," Hyuk said, and Ba Reum just reacted and when he felt the snot leave him, he did feel a bit embarrassed about letting someone else do this for him, and the embarrassment raised when his stomach suddenly growled loudly.

"Sorry," Ba Reum quickly said, holding his hand against his stomach, it reacting to its skipped lunch.

"Are you hungry? What did you have for lunch?" Hyuk asked, looking at Ba Reum with such concern and it made him feel fuzzy and overwhelmed to know the man cared about that. But Ba Reum didn't want to cause any distress.

"I had a late breakfast," Ba Reum lied, "wasn't hungry at lunch, but I'll have an early dinner as well,"

"That's good," Hyuk said, smiling but the frown on his face didn't entirely go away. The conversation he just had with the little had filled him with a sort of pity and anxiety for Ba Reum.

It was clear that he had expected Hyuk to bill him for every little thing he had done. The man almost had expected him to ask if he should pay for the wear on the blankets or the couch as well when he sat in them, so ridiculously had it sounded.

And yes, he did understand that often, both the little and the caregiver provided their own share of money, it was clear that Ba Reum didn't have much, and Hyuk had an overabundance of it.

"You know, I think I have a chocolate bar here somewhere," Hyuk said, going to the other side of the desk, and rummaging through a layer, smiling when he found them, "here one with coconut, or one with caramel,"

"Oh no, I couldn't," Ba Reum said, even when his stomach growled a second time, louder than the first.

"I insist," Hyuk said, holding both of them out to Ba Reum, "take both of them,"

"But, then you don't have one," Ba Reum said, still not making a move to take them.

"Let's pretend that I'm allergic to them," Hyuk said, and Ba Reum frowned.

"Are you?" the little asked, looking at him suspiciously.

"If I say yes, will you take them?" Hyuk said with a laugh, "I would be lying, but I really prefer you taking them,"

"Uhm, if it means that much to you," Ba Reum said, taking the bars and Hyuk heard a faint buzzing sound suddenly, but ignored it.

"Please enjoy them," Hyuk said, and Ba Reum nodded, getting up from the chair.

"I will, thank you very much," the little said, pocketing them, "I guess we'll see each other on Saturday?"

"Yes we will. I'm really looking forward to it," Hyuk said, and Ba Reum nodded, agreeing with the sentiment.