Chapter 31

Ba Reum was walking carefully, very mindful of the new shoes he had gotten. He was still feeling rather unsure how it had all happened and felt as if he hadn't made enough effort to insist they didn't need to buy them.

But mommy said it was okay, and he had just felt too little to keep on protesting.

But now, he was very scared of dirtying the brand-new shoes. The stars were still very bright and sparkly, and it looked so clean, and it felt nice and soft on his feet.

He grasped mommy's hand tightly and he was very glad that Hyuk was walking slowly now. A puddle came in his vision, and Ba Reum pressed himself tightly against Hyuk, to make sure he kept as far away as possible.

Hyuk looked down at Ba Reum when the little suddenly pressed himself against him, and he saw the little look apprehensively at the puddle.

"I think we unlocked a new fear in him," Hyuk said with a frown, having noticed the careful steps Ba Reum was taking and the way he seemed to be reluctant to put his foot down with each step.

"He's just not used to getting stuff," Chang Wook easily said, leaving it unspoken that between him and his son, the little would eventually get used to receiving new stuff.

Hyuk saw Ba Reum look at him, before staring back at the ground again, measuring out his paces carefully.

"We're almost at the parc, sweetheart," Hyuk said, "there you can play."

"Play?" Ba Reum asked, frowning. He thought they were just going to walk.

"Yes. They have a playground there," Hyuk said, having seen it often times during his walks and eager to go there with a little for the first time.

Ba Reum frowned. Was he supposed to play there alone while mommy took a walk with his dad? Perhaps that's why they were going to the parc.

Feeling some anxiety in him rise, he hoped that they wouldn't forget about him when they left him there.

His train of thoughts was interrupted when he felt his bladder release, a stream filling his diapers. Suddenly stopping in his tracks, the little couldn't help but grab his crotch, scared that he would leak and perhaps even dirty his new shoes.

Hyuk and Chang Wook had stopped when the little suddenly froze, looking wide-eyed and his two hands grabbing his crotch.

"Did you have an accident, sweetie?" Hyuk asked, crouching down a little in front of Ba Reum, so he could look him in the eyes.

Ba Reum looked up, wide-eyed at the man. He felt his lip quivering when he was dealing with the emotions of this happening, but then he was pressed in a tight hug before he could even start to cry.

"Am sorry," Ba Reum muttered, even though the big man had already shown that he didn't mind Ba Reum using the diapers, even going as far as insisting he wore them instead of using his watch.

"That's okay. Is it very wet?" Hyuk asked, a hand sneaking down and pressing the crotch, "I think we could find somewhere to change it."

"There is a little café at the playground," Chang Wook said, and Hyuk nodded.

"That sounds great," Hyuk said, grabbing Ba Reum's hand and smiling down at the little, "we'll soon get you into something dry, don't you worry."

"Go home?" Ba Reum asked, not really able to follow the conversation when he was this deep in headspace. But mommy said they would be getting him into something dry, so that meant going back to Hyuk's home.

"Not yet," Hyuk said, squeezing Ba Reum's hand before pulling the little in motion again. Ba Reum followed Hyuk, thinking he was missing something, but not quite understanding what it could be.