Chapter 14

Hyuk had been staring at the open door while he had laid in bed, waiting for over an hour to make sure the little was asleep before he got up out of the bed and snuck into the nursery.

There was enough light from his room falling in to see the little who was lying on his tummy and had his thumb now tucked in his mouth and the blanket balled up in his arms, as if he was still missing a stuffy.

"You probably do miss your plushie," Hyuk whispered in the room, quickly going to his own to fetch another blanket and putting it over Ba Reum, not wanting the little to be too cold. It would be mean to try and pull the other blanket away from him.

Patting the little, he let his hand wander to the diaper, patting the bum and noticing that it was still dry. The sucks on the thumb increased a little and Ba Reum snuggled a little better into the bed, making Hyuk smile.

He kept on staring a little longer, taking in the sight and feeling of taking care of a little, something he had craved for so long and finally achieved.

"With some luck, this might just happen a lot more," Hyuk said, finally able to tear himself away from the little and go back in his own room, tired but happy to have someone near, even though the circumstances weren't happy at all.

He did sleep well that night, the door open and just able to see the crib from where he was lying. It was a very comforting feeling. Waking up, he went downstairs, keeping an ear out in case Ba Reum woke up while he put ready breakfast.

Looking at his watch, he frowned at the hour. He should start getting Ba Reum up soon, or he'd be late for work. Feeling bad about having to wake the little up, Hyuk went back up the stairs, opening the curtains of the nursery as to not flood Ba Reum with artificial light.

The little was lying on his back, his head sidewards and a corner of the blanket wet and still in his mouth, where he had chewed on it in his sleep. His hands were in fists next to his head, one of them grasping part of the blanket. The other blanket was still covering most of Ba Reum, just a foot sticking out sideways.

Gently, he lowered the bars of the crib as softly as he could, still reluctant to disturb the little in his rest. When he got lower, he sniffed the air, and lifting the blanket, he saw the diaper, the leg holes revealing its contents, and the small brown stains on the sheets revealing that it hadn't been held in completely.

"Seems like you are very small indeed," Hyuk said, removing the blanket completely and lifting Ba Reum who gave a groan, clearly not wanting to wake up.

Lying the little on the changing table, he opened the tabs, revealing the rest of the mess, but Hyuk didn't let it stop him. Seeing that the little was still too asleep to cooperate, he took the ankles and lifted them up high, so he could wipe him everywhere.

He did wonder if the little was still in his headspace or not, but it seemed like he would soon find out, the eyes blinking open and squinting at him.

Ba Reum had been lying perfectly asleep, cushioned and warm and feeling as if he was lying on a cloud. Suddenly the cold invaded and he just wanted to pull back. Feeling something on his bum, Ba Reum moaned and whined a little, the cold invading his skin.

"Seems like you're still little," Hyuk said with a chuckle, putting Ba Reum's legs down again, and already grabbing a clean diaper when the little finally realised what was going on.

"No, am big," Ba Reum said, willing his brain to work, something he always struggled with when he hadn't had his coffee yet, "oh god, I'm so sorry,"

"Sorry?" Hyuk asked, still holding the diaper and wondering if he should put it on Ba Reum or not. He still wasn't feeling so sure that Ba Reum wouldn't need it.