Chapter 20

Hyuk had been annoyed, talking to the woman. He tried his best not to glare at her when she laid her hand on his arm, but didn't pull away, knowing that it would seem hostile, but he knew the look of irritation must be visible on his face.

Then the little of the woman shouted and he looked at Ba Reum, surprised to see his pants so wet. His hand had still been on a toy, but the moment he saw Hyuk looking, he stepped back and immediately started to cry.

"Oh my, how nasty," the woman besides him said, and Hyuk could almost punch him.

"He's a little, it happens," Hyuk snarled, stepping to Ba Reum, knowing he needed to comfort the little and show him that it was all okay.

"Sorry," Ba Reum gasped out when Hyuk was in range, feeling shame because everyone was looking at him, just because he had been too stupid to hold himself in.

"It's okay, sweetheart, it's okay," Hyuk said, and Ba Reum was surprised to feel the man hug him and press him close. Part of him knew he didn't deserve it, but he was too deep in headspace to listen to that, and instead pressed close into the broad chest, crying.

"I guess I'll see you at work, prosecutor. It seems like you got your hands full," the woman said, gesturing to her little.

"Good thing I'm not so much work, right mom?" the little said, her nose scrunched up in faint disgust at Ba Reum.

"That's right, my little angel," the woman said, already walking away from the scene, and Hyuk was more than relieved to see them go.

Ba Reum tried to bury himself a little further in Hyuk at the words, even though they hadn't been aimed at him. But she was right, he really was a handful.

"I think it might be best that we go home," Hyuk said, and Ba Reum sniffled again, wanting to go back to the big house of the caregiver, but Hyuk had really looked forward to this and now Ba Reum had fucked it up.

"Sorry," Ba Reum said again, stepping back a little and noticing all too much how the wet fabric was clinging to his skin.

"No worries," Hyuk said, gently stroking Ba Reum's head, "now, I'll take my jacket off, and tie it around your waist, that'll hide the wetness."

"You need some help sir?" one of the shop staff asked, cautiously approaching the near gigantic men and the crying little. It was clear what had happened, but no one had dared to approach them yet.

"I'm afraid we caused a small mess," Hyuk said calmly.

"That's fine. We'll get the cleaning staff on it," the woman said, and Hyuk nodded, grateful that they didn't cause too much trouble. Ba Reum watched Hyuk talk to the staff, like always calm and gentle.

"Uk?" Ba Reum said, frowning.

"Yes, what's wrong sweetheart?" Hyuk asked, and Ba Reum just loved how the endearing term sounded when he said it.

"No shopping?" Ba Reum asked, and Hyuk shook his head.

"We need to get you cleaned up," the big man said, but then he remembered seeing Ba Reum touch a toy. Looking behind the little, he saw several blankets lying, "but perhaps we could take this with us."

Ba Reum turned around to see what Hyuk was looking at and then flushed when he saw the blankie, from where he had ripped the cardboard. He knew that the caregiver didn't say it, but he took it with him just because he had damaged it.

Another thing he had done wrong.

"I'm sorry," Ba Reum said again, and Hyuk felt his heart break when Ba Reum couldn't stop apologizing, even though he didn't do anything wrong.