Chapter 10

Hyuk looked at Ba Reum, who was trying to get the belt buckle in, but seemed to get frustrated quickly with it not working out like it should.

"Here, let me help," Hyuk said, taking it from Ba Reum's hands and clicking it in. The little frowned at it, knowing that he should be able to do it himself.

"Ba Reum, big," the little said, wanting the man to know that he was a big boy. It was important that he knew. Ba Reum might not realise why just now, but it was so ingrained in his whole being that he knew he must act like it at all times.

"A very big boy," Hyuk said, thinking the words weird, but he wouldn't be the first little that said that he was a big boy.

Ba Reum sat back with a nod, glad that the caregiver had understood. They started to drive, and Ba Reum did get bored easily, looking out of the window and starting to chew a little on the seatbelt, feeling hungry.

"Oh, don't chew that," Hyuk said when he noticed, pushing Ba Reum back just a little so the seatbelt got out of his mouth. Ba Reum let out a small whine, fiddling a bit with the seatbelt, but not taking it in his mouth again.

Instead, he put his two fingers in his mouth, chewing them while his stomach growled.

"Are you hungry?" Hyuk asked the little next to him, who didn't seem like an older toddler at all.

"Yes," Ba Reum answered, suddenly feeling as if he shouldn't have said that "uhm...sorry,"

"No, don't be sorry. We're approaching lunch time, and I guess you had an active lesson before," Hyuk said, knowing that there wasn't that much food at home for the moment. He still had to do his groceries,, "you like hamburgers?"

"Yes," Ba Reum answered, "yummy,"

"Then we're going for hamburgers," Hyuk decided, making a small detour for the hamburger place. Ba Reum frowned when they arrived in the driver through.

He didn't get fast food a lot, seeing that he didn't have the money to spare, but perhaps Hyuk was hungry. Ba Reum chewed his finger a little harder, thinking about the buns and the meat and the nuggets and feeling his mouth water at the thought.

It would be though to see the caregiver eat that while he was hungry, but Ba Reum just couldn't have those just yet.

"What do you like?" Hyuk asked, and Ba Reum frowned, wondering why the man was asking him. He looked at the caregiver, who was patiently waiting for his answer while they followed the queue, and Ba Reum realised that the man probably wanted him to order as well.

Ba Reum was little, but his mind was still thinking enough to know he couldn't afford a treat.

"No thank you," Ba Reum said, trying to be polite, but Hyuk was frowning.

"Didn't you like hamburgers?" Hyuk asked, and Ba Reum nodded.

"Yes, yummy," Ba Reum agreed.

"So, what do you want to have?" Hyuk asked, but again Ba Reum shook his head.

"Uk eat," the little said, used to go without food even when he was hungry. Perhaps there would be leftovers, and he could eat them. Sometimes when his classmates had lunch, they had leftovers and Ba Reum could eat them than.

But the big man did look like he could eat a lot, probably did need a lot of calories at that height and that muscle mass.

The crackling voice asking his order aborted Hyuk's attempt to get out of Ba Reum what he liked, so, on an impulse, he ordered the three variations of a little box they had, thinking that there must be one thing Ba Reum liked in there. Ordering for himself a large menu and a big helping of nuggets, he drover forward to patiently wait for it.