Concert (Chaeyoung) Twice 10th member

You were having the time of your life.

The energy you felt in the arena as you performed with the rest of your group was incredible. The crowd seemed to be having an amazing time and seeing so many people look so happy to see you all was truly a humbling experience. It made all the work you put in as a trainee completely worth it.

As the previous song finished, you made your way over to the edge of the stage where you left your water bottle earlier. You sat down with your legs dangling over the edge, sipping on some water and trying to catch your breath. Nayeon and Momo seemed to have recovered quickly because they were goofing about and hyping up the crowd while you took a moment to relax.

You were screwing the lid back on your bottle and interacting with fans when you felt someone touch your shoulder. You looked up to see Chaeyoung smiling down at you and you grinned back at her with bright eyes. She sat down beside you and was practically on top of you with how close she was but of course you had no problems with that and you leaned into her touch as much as possible.

"Water?" You offered, holding out your bottle and she accepted it gratefully, making sure she stayed hydrated. With your hand that's now free, you found yourself mindlessly tracing shapes just above her knee while she drank from the bottle. As you did this, she coughed slightly and once she put the water aside, she leaned in to rest her head on your shoulder.

Fans seemed to be going crazy over the moment you two were sharing right now. The two of you were a popular ship for ONCEs because of the undeniable chemistry you two shared from the beginning and to see you two being affectionate to each other really made the fans excited.

And the fans definitely had a point when they said you two had chemistry. Sure, you were super close to all the girls but your relationship with Chaeyoung had always felt different than your relationship with the other girls. The biggest difference being that you never thought about kissing the others and you weren't constantly flustered by their attention on you.

Slowly, as you got to know each other better over the years, you found yourself falling in love with Chaeyoung. It was so gradual that you hadn't noticed until recently but now that you realised it, you were surprised you hadn't caught on sooner.

The other girls had caught on, except for Chaeyoung herself of course. You hadn't figured out how to bring up your sexuality with the girls since you learned of your feelings for Chae but you didn't need to. They knew you so deeply that they could tell your true feelings from the way your entire mood shifted when she'd enter a room and how you seemed to be like a magnet being drawn to her constantly.

They privately gossiped that they felt like they had been spending years of their lives watching a romance movie take place in front of their very eyes. A romance movie that took a few steps forward when a certain someone confessed to some of them a few days ago that she had feelings for you.

You two stayed together as you caught your breath, pointing out funny posters the fans had made and giggling. After a few minutes, you were all ready to continue with your set list but before you could get back into the performance, some of the girls noticed the moment you two were sharing away from everyone else.

They saw this as their chance to drop hints to the two of you. Of course, you two were so oblivious to the other's feelings that they made no attempt to be subtle about it.

"Everyone look at Chaeyoung and Y/N, aren't they so adorable together," Jeongyeon said to the crowd who screamed loudly in response.

Chaeyoung still had her head on your shoulder but after hearing this her entire body stiffened and she moved her head off you. You looked over to see her biting her lip as she seemed entirely focused on tugging at the hem of her skirt.

"Come on, lover girls, we still have a show to do," Jihyo teased from the across stage.

Your eyes widened at Jihyo's comment and you and Chae stared at each other like deer in the headlights. Did this mean what you think it means or was Jihyo joking around? You two stayed frozen for a moment as questions swirled through your brains.

"Get back here, we need to start the next song," Mina spoke into the mic and Chaeyoung reluctantly stood up and held her hand out to help you. You accepted it gratefully and wondered if she also felt the spark when she intertwined her fingers with yours.

You rushed back to the rest of the girls, hand in hand and when you were close enough to them, they began to tease you mercilessly. Dahyun and Sana held hands and started swinging them to mimic the two of you while Tzuyu and Jeongyeon stared at each other with wide eyes like you and Chaeyoung had done right after Jihyo's comment. It was all in good fun, of course, these girls were your best friends but you couldn't help feeling embarrassed by all of this.

As the intro of the next song began to play, you turned towards Chaeyoung and buried your face in her neck. She tugged her hand from yours so she could pull you into a tight hug, rubbing her hands up and down your back in comfort. Neither of you had lines in the beginning of the song and the girls seemed to have been distracted enough to stop teasing you just for a little while.

By now Chaeyoung was feeling a bit braver. The girls' teasing and your reaction made her absolutely positive that you felt the same way she did. So she leaned in and pulled your ear piece from your ear momentarily so you could hear her next words properly.

"I would tell you to ignore the girls teasing us but you look so adorable when you blush so I won't," she said.

As if you weren't flustered enough already, her flirting caused you to go almost completely weak in the knees. You clung tighter to her so you wouldn't lose your balance and she smirked victoriously when she realised what was happening.

It took you a few seconds to regain your composure and when you did you finally pulled away. Even though you felt like you were in your own little world with Chaeyoung, the reality was that you were in the middle of a show with thousands of people watching your every move. The chorus of the song was coming to an end meaning your lines were coming up. You put your game face on and the two of you rejoined the girls who were running around the stage and engaging with the screaming crowd.

You knew that Chaeyoung and you needed to have a heartfelt conversation after the show to figure out if you were both on the same page about this. Excitement about what could happen after this flowed through your veins.

What you hadn't remembered though was that this moment between you and Chaeyoung had been in front of more cameras than you could ever count. Although the fans couldn't hear what happened, other than the girls teasing you both, theories would flood all social media for weeks to come as everyone came to their own conclusions about the two of you.