Feel Special (Mina) Twice 10th Member

The dorm was nothing short of a crime scene as all ten of you prepared for your Christmas break. Clothes covered the floors of your bedrooms and you all chatted (or yelled to use a more accurate word) excitedly with one another as you packed enough in your suitcases to return to your families for a few weeks.

"CHAEYOUNG, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME MY SWEATER BACK!" Nayeon screamed as Chaeyoung raced out of her bedroom, clutching a sweater which you knew for a fact actually belonged to neither of them.

You giggled from the sofa watching the chaos of the morning unfold. Unlike the rest of the girls, you had the sense to pack the night before so you wouldn't be scrambling around this morning when all of you had planned on going your separate ways. Some of you had flights to catch while others had slightly more flexible schedules as they were just a car ride from their home.

Amidst all the bustle, you didn't notice that Mina had joined you in the living area. When she cleared her throat you finally saw her and gave her a small smile, patting the space next to you for her to join you.

She sat beside you, bringing her knees to her chest and you knew something wasn't quite right when she refused to make eye contact with you, choosing to play with a ring on her finger instead. She had all your attention now and you reached over to put your hand on top of one of hers. Her breath hitched at the sudden contact and as she turned to face you, her eyes were wide with nervousness.

"What's wrong Mina?" You whispered, trying your best to block out the noise from the rest of the girls so you could truly focus all your attention on her.

Ever since your trainee days, an undeniable bond had formed between the two of you. The other girls were like sisters to you but your connection with Mina had indescribable depth. She was known to the world as a shy and reserved woman but you had always been able to read her like a book.

Until now.

As her flawless eyes met yours, you had no idea what was causing her to feel this nervous. You watched her swallow and take a deep breath before she began to speak.

"I know we all gave our gifts to each other on the Christmas special we filmed a few weeks back," she began.

You hummed in response, confused as to where this conversation was headed.

"Well, I have another gift for you that I've been meaning to give you," she said, reaching into her sweatpants to pull out a wrapped box you hadn't noticed was sticking out of her pocket. "I was supposed to give it with my other gifts on the show but it's more of a personal gift because you're such a special person to me."

She handed the gift to you, pressing it into your hands and you couldn't deny the excitement you felt as her touch lingered on your hands for a few seconds longer than it should have. You stared at her with wide eyes and it felt like you were trying to speak but you were frozen.

"Mina, I - ,"

"Open it!" Mina urged you with a nervous chuckle.

You obliged, carefully unwrapping the paper to find a small jewelry box inside from a brand you knew didn't come cheap.

"You know you didn't have to do this," you whispered as she gave her signature gummy smile which never failed to make your heart melt.

"You haven't even looked at it yet, silly," she replied. "You don't even know if you'll like it."

"Of course I will," you said. "It's a gift from you and you mean the world to me."

Unbeknownst to you, your words had made Mina's heart soar. She always felt as though her words were never enough to express how she felt, particularly for the people she loved and was grateful for. You had been quick to pick up on this years ago so you knew this gift, whatever it may be, was something that came straight from Mina's heart.

Slowly, you opened the box to see the most gorgeous necklace you had ever set eyes on. It was a simple silver chain, though nonetheless stunning and in the centre was a small pendant with a gemstone.

"Your birth stone," she said and your eyes became blurry with tears as you threw your arms around Mina's neck.

A few stray tears soaked her hoodie and she hugged you back, rubbing your back to comfort you.

"Thank you so much," you mumbled into her shoulder before pulling away and handing the box to her. "Will you put it on for me?"

She nodded eagerly and you turned so your back faced her. The familiar fluttering feeling flooded your body when Mina's fingers brushed your neck, first as she moved your hair out of the way and then as she worked to fasten the necklace.

"Mina, I love it so much, thank you again," you spoke but Mina didn't seem to be paying attention. Her eyes were focused on your lips and you gulped when you noticed. You both began to lean into each other, desperate to close the gap.

You were so close you could feel Mina's breath fan your lips when a shout from one of the bedrooms interrupted the most romantic moment of your life.

"MINA, THE CAR IS OUTSIDE FOR OUR FLIGHT!," Momo yelled and you quickly pulled apart as Sana and Momo pulled their massive suitcases into the living area.

You sighed, resisting the urge to call Momo every swear word in the dictionary for interrupting you both.

Until you had an idea.

"Can I go with you guys to the airport?" You asked and all three of them looked at you in confusion.

"Don't you have a car coming soon to collect you?" Sana asked as they made their way to the front door.

"I'll get the driver to pick me up later," you shrugged. "I'm not in a rush today so I can hang around until the afternoon. Besides, I want to see you guys off."

Especially Mina, though you didn't say that out loud.

"If you're sure," Momo shrugged and the rest of the girls joined you all to say their goodbyes.

None of them were suspicious about your change of plans but maybe they would've been if they saw Mina staring at you with starry eyes. You took Mina's suitcase for her, carrying it down to the trunk of the car.

Mina subtly took your hand, pulling you in to the back row of the car while Momo and Sana sat in the middle row. A comfortable silence fell upon you both for the entire journey with Mina resting her head on your shoulder while you caressed her palm with small circles.

As you all drove through the familiar streets of Seoul, Sana was quick to point out a small flurry of snow as snowflakes began to dust the car windows, causing the driver to turn on the wipers. Of course winter in Seoul always had its fair share of snowy days but you felt Mina give a small squeeze of your hand as you both watched the snow in awe.

You were content listening to Momo and Sana's chatter as you basked in your happiness from today's events. Sure, it didn't have the perfect romantic ending, having been interrupted before you could share your first kiss but that didn't matter to either of you. Life would never be like a romance movie, after all, but you both knew it was the beginning of something that felt special.

———

Haven't properly proofread these last two as thoroughly as I normally do so prepare for so many edits!! Reminder that these next ones are going to be in a v odd order because I am incapable of following through on things I write but it will all be fixed eventually. I'm working towards a certain goal with my word count before the end of the year so hopefully that will mean I will update regularly. (Hopefully being the keyword). Anyway I find author's notes to be v cringe usually so I'll stop there lmao.