Drunken kisses (Sana)

It was the end of the night and you were the last guest at the party. Everyone was quite tipsy after an evening well spent with the girls and some of your other friends but now you were helping the girls clean up the dorm a bit before you'd get a taxi home. It was the least you could do as their guest for the evening and you knew already that some of them would have killer hangovers tomorrow so it was better to get the clean up over with now.

"Which trash can is for recycling?" You asked to nobody in particular. The floor under feet wasn't quite steady as you cleaned up so it was a miracle you were of any use to the girls.

"The bigger one, I think," someone called from the other side of the kitchen.

You turned to see Sana putting away some snacks, smiling over at you. You thanked her and organised the trash correctly.

"Thanks again for your help. Everything is done now and the girls are going to bed," she told you as you both left the kitchen to sit down on one of the sofas together.

"Cool, I'll just book a taxi then," you said, pulling out your phone from your pocket. However, before you could unlock the phone, Sana snatched it from your grip and held it out of your reach as she burst into drunken giggles.

"Sana, give it back, I need to go home," you whined, lunging across her to try and get it back.

"No, you're staying here tonight," she said firmly.

"Why?" You asked. "I didn't bring any of my things."

"Because I said so," she gave you a cocky grin and you rolled your eyes at her. "You can stay on the sofa or with me if you don't mind being the little spoon. Choice is yours, pretty girl."

"Fine," you huffed. "To the staying part. I make no promises about cuddles."

"You say that but whenever we end up spooning and I have to go to pee you usually get mad at me for leaving you," she said. "But anyway, we still have a bottle of wine left. We can stay up for a bit longer."

"For the record, I want it clear that I'm only staying because this is some damn good wine," you teased as she took the bottle from the table in front of you.

All the glasses from earlier were now in the dishwasher though even if that weren't the case you had no issue with her putting the bottle to her lips and taking a giant swig. When she finished, she passed it to you and you did the same, savouring the sweet taste. Sana started giggling again as you put the bottle back down. Drunk Sana always seemed to be giggling over something but you raised an eyebrow and waited for her to explain.

"You know technically we just kissed," Sana joked and she leaned towards you with pouting lips.

"You wish you could kiss me, Minatozaki," you shot back, gently pushing her face away.

The two of you were friends, that's it. Neither of you had ever had any romantic feelings for each other. Although you could both be quite flirty, it never had a deeper meaning for either of you. But now that you both were drunk together, things didn't seem so black and white.

"Someone thinks highly of themselves," Sana teased,  not put off in the least. "I'll have you know I'm an amazing kisser."

"I'm sure," you said, once again rolling your eyes at her as you took another drink from the bottle.

"I am," she said defensively. "And I can prove it."

Your drunken state meant that it took you a few seconds to process what she was saying and by the time you did, Sana had leaned in with her lips right next to yours. Of course, she was drunk but she wasn't going to go in all the way and kiss you if you didn't want her to. But in that moment, with your inhibitions lowered, there was nothing you wanted more so you closed the gap to kiss her.

As soon as your lips touched hers, every thought in your brain vanished and your mind was free from any lingering stress in your life. It was like Sana was kissing away all your thoughts and clearing your mind to focus on this moment. Kissing Sana was freeing. Her lips tasted like white wine and passion as they moved against yours.

She was right. She was an amazing kisser. Her perfect lips on yours made you forget about anyone you had ever kissed before because her lips could never compare to others.

After a moment, you pulled away and when you opened your eyes you saw Sana's shocked expression.

"Did you-?" She began before you interrupted.

"Did I feel something in that kiss?"

She nodded cautiously, waiting for your response.

"I - I did," you whispered. "Did you?"

"I did too."

You both sat in silence for a bit, trying to understand what that meant. You toyed with your fingers with your head low and she started twirling a section of her hair around her index finger.

"What does this mean?" You asked after a while, not looking up. "What do we do?"

"I don't know," she said. "But we don't need to think about that right now, do we?"

You understood the underlying meaning of what she said. You looked over at her to see she was already staring at you. More precisely, your lips. You slowly slid your hand towards hers and she took it and gave it a squeeze.

"You're right," you said and raised your free hand to caress her cheek and made circles with your thumb while she pulled you onto her lap.

"I usually am," she said, leaning in to kiss you again.