Sleep (Jihyo)

Comebacks were a stressful time for your girlfriend. You've been with Jihyo long enough to notice every tiny detail and quirk about her, some of which she probably didn't even know about.

The most noticeable change in her though during comebacks was her restlessness at night. Normally, she was out like a light the second her head touches the pillow but when her schedule became more taxing she would struggle to sleep, no matter how exhausted she felt.

Seeing her consistently lacking sleep always worried you. Sure, your sleeping habits weren't perfect but you knew how important sleep was for Jihyo, not only so she could perform her best but also for her to stay healthy.

It was approaching midnight which normally wouldn't be considered late but your girlfriend had a very early call time in the morning so you convinced her to try and get an earlier night. You knew she agreed just to please you and that she felt it was going to be useless because she wouldn't be able to sleep but you hoped tonight would be different.

When Jihyo finished her night routine in the bathroom, you greeted her with a warm smile as you watched her from the bed.

"I left one of my t-shirts out on the bed for you, my love," you said to her.

Jihyo tried to muster a tired smile back at you but her lips barely moved. Your heart broke seeing your girlfriend so exhausted as she got changed into your shirt and crawled into bed. You pressed a soft kiss on her temple and opened your arms so she could rest her head on your chest.

"I have an idea, baby," you told and she mumbled incoherently in response. "I was wondering if maybe it would help you sleep if I were to read to you?"

"You can try, darling," Jihyo replied, or at least that was what you thought she said because her words were slurred from fatigue.

You reached over to your bedside locker and grabbed the book you were planning on starting soon and switched the lamp on. With Jihyo's head still resting on your chest, you began to read, holding the book with one hand.

As you read aloud, you ran your free hand through your girlfriend's hair and she gave a peaceful hum in response. Listening to your calming voice and having her hair played with, all while being cuddled up to the love of her life, gave Jihyo indescribable relief and she felt her eyes getting heavy quickly. She closed her eyes, basking in the warm feeling of happiness as you continued to read.

Ever so often, you would take a small pause in your reading to take a glance at your girlfriend to make sure she was okay. You were certain you'd never seen anyone more beautiful than her in your life, even with dark circles under her eyes and her skin slightly duller than usual, both caused by how stressed she had been. You'd been reading for about ten minutes when Jihyo's breathing began to fall into a deeper, steadier rhythm. When you noticed, you gave a relieved smile before returning to the book, deciding to finish up the chapter before you would call it a night too.

You made sure not to disturb your girlfriend as you reached to put your book back on the bedside table and switch off the lamp. Once the room was covered by darkness, you gently wrapped your arms around Jihyo's waist as you snuggled into her.

"Sweet dreams, my love," you whispered. "I love you so much."

You leaned down to kiss her cheek and as your lips pressed against it, you could feel her muscles move to form a small smile. Worried you had woken her up, you slowly pulled away, only to find out that she was still sound asleep. Your heart melted at the realization that you made her smile in her sleep, wondering how you were so lucky to have such an amazing woman in your life, let alone as your girlfriend.

You tightened your grip around her and as your tiredness began to catch up with you also, you never felt more loved and in love.