Solo Projects (Jihyo) Twice 10th Member

"Jihyo?" You called as you entered the practice room.

You saw something move and turned to see her in the corner, sipping on a bottle of water as she faced the mirror. Her face changed instantly and she got up and ran over to you.

"What are you doing here?" She said excitedly pulling you into a tight hug. She was a little sweaty from dance practice but you didn't mind as you hugged her back.

"I wanted to see you, of course," you said, giving her a squeeze before pulling away. "How is everything going?"

While most of you were enjoying a short break at the moment, Jihyo was preparing for her solo debut. Those of you who had some time off were able to catch up with family and loved ones so you hadn't spent much time with the rest of the girls recently. But today you had no plans and decided that you'd pop into the company building and spend some time with Jihyo.

"Everything's good," she grinned at you. "Better now that you're here. I could do with some company."

You understood a deeper meaning behind the words she was saying. You sat down on the floor and tugged at her hand to join you and looked into her tired eyes.

"Have you been on your own all day?" You asked her.

"No, not all day," she said. "I met with managers and choreographers but it feels a bit lonely without all of you."

Your heart broke for her. As the leader, Jihyo has always had to put on a brave face so you knew it was very likely that even now she was minimising her feelings. You wrapped your hands around one of hers and gave a light squeeze. She rested her head on your shoulder and you leaned into her touch.

"Why didn't you tell us you were feeling lonely?" You asked her, hoping she'd open up. "You know one of us would be there for you in a heartbeat."

She paused before she spoke.

"I just didn't expect it, you know? That things would be so different without all of us here. When I'm practicing and need a break it's completely silent instead of laughter and chatter. It's different."

And, as if she decided she had shared too much, she gave a shrug and stood up.

"I'm sorry, today I'm in a weird mood. Everything is coming along really well and I've gotten so much feedback from the company."

You frowned at her but stood up too, pulling your arms around her in a side hug.

"You know you're allowed to lean on us when you need help right?"

"I know."

Jihyo met your soft gaze with a small smile.

"Can I tell you something?" You asked her hesitantly.

"Of course."

"I don't ever want to debut as a soloist. It's kind of ironic because I'm an idol but the idea of having the attention just on me and not having you all right there with me is terrifying. So when I saw Nayeon debuting last year and now you, I can't get over how strong you both are to be able to do this. I think you're incredible."

Jihyo's eyes glazed over as she tried to blink away her tears and she rested her hand on top of yours and gave it a squeeze.

"Thanks, you have no idea how much I needed a boost right now," she said quietly.

You pulled out of the side hug and grinned at her with a cocked head.

"Now for the real reason I came here," you said, rubbing your hands together while you giggled.

"Hmm?" Jihyo asked, trying to process the emotional whiplash she just received.

"Now that we've covered the fact that you're the most talented person in the world and the best leader an amazingly beautiful idol like me could ask for," you began and she rolled her eyes. "A new restaurant has opened up down the road and I need a lunch date."

She laughed as you grabbed her hand to drag her out of the practice room.

"Fine but you're paying," she chuckled, trying to ignore a buzz she felt from your touch, something she had never felt with you before. A buzz that you have felt from the very first day.