1

Mitsuri, her body battered and bruised, lay on the battlefield, bloodied and weak. She had just ripped out Muzan's fang, a desperate act that cost her both of her arms. Her pain was excruciating, but there was no time to dwell on it. Obanai, the Serpent Hashira, was there to witness her sacrifice. With gentle care, he picked her up, cradling her in his arms, and handed her over to the Kakushi for treatment.

As the battle raged on, Obanai joined the other Hashiras in their fierce combat against Muzan. However, the demon's relentless assault took a terrible toll on Obanai. A deadly whip from Muzan lashed out, striking him in the eyes, leaving three distinct scars and rendering him blind. He had reached his limit, but the fight continued.

After a fierce and grueling battle, Muzan was finally defeated. The Hashiras had triumphed, but the victory was bittersweet. Obanai made his way back to where Mitsuri had been placed, her haori carefully draped around her. Her eyes fluttered open, and she gazed up, a weak smile gracing her face.

"Ah, it's Kaburamaru-kun," she whispered, noticing the crying snake on his neck. "Iguro-san, did we win?"

With a heavy heart, Obanai replied, "Yes, we won. He is dead."

Mitsuri's eyes welled up with tears as she weakly spoke, "Ah, that's good. My body doesn't feel any pain. I will probably die soon."

Obanai's voice quivered as he said, "I am going to die too. You're not alone."

"I don't want you to die, Iguro-san," Mitsuri cried, her voice filled with regret. "I am sorry for not being useful."

"That's not true," Obanai protested, his arms wrapping around her. "I am begging you not to talk like that."

He continued, "Do you remember the day we first met?"

Mitsuri nodded through her tears. "Yeah, I was lost in Oyakata-sama's house, and you helped me."

Obanai shook his head. "No, it's quite the opposite. The day I met you, you were a very normal girl. You actually saved me. You got excited over small things, and your smile was as clear as day. You must have gone through hellish training to become a Pillar, but you still didn't radiate any of that."

He confessed, "I liked talking to you. You made me feel like a normal man, and that made me happy. I'm sure others felt the same too. The kindness inside you was infinite. You've healed many people's hearts, so I won't let anyone complain about you."

Mitsuri couldn't hold back her emotions any longer. "WAAHH, I AM SO HAPPY," she cried out aloud. "I really love you, Iguro-san! The meals you made were the most delicious I've ever had, and you looked at me with those really sweet eyes."

Obanai's own tears began to fall. "Iguro-san, Iguro-san, please, if we ever get reborn, if we are born as human beings, will you make me your wife?"

"Of course," he said, his voice full of emotion. "If you say you're fine with someone like me, then I will definitely make you happy. And next time, I will not let you die. I will protect you for sure."

That day, as the Kakushi respectfully covered them, Mitsuri and Obanai both passed away, leaving behind a legacy of sacrifice, love, and the memories of their shared moments on the battlefield.

A/N : starting with angst. So fun right :)