Obanai's POV

The evening sun cast a warm glow over the bustling streets of Asakusa as I navigated the busy kitchen of my renowned restaurant, Basilisk Bistro. Named after my lifelong fascination with snakes, the restaurant had garnered a well-deserved reputation for its exotic and delectable dishes, earning a coveted five-star rating.

I was in my element, orchestrating my culinary masterpieces with precision and grace. The diners in the elegantly decorated restaurant savored every bite of my creations, and the ambience was charged with an air of anticipation and delight. The restaurant was not just about food; it was an experience that patrons cherished.

As I meticulously plated the final dish, my manager, Aiko, approached me with a concerned look on her face. She cleared her throat, trying to get my attention amidst the clinking of pots and pans.

"Obanai, there's a call for you," Aiko said. "It's your family."

I couldn't help but feel a sinking sensation in my chest at the mention of my family. The memories of my childhood came rushing back, the days of abuse and neglect from the people who were supposed to love and protect me. I had become a successful and independent individual, distancing myself from the family that had treated me so poorly.

Reluctantly, I took the phone from Aiko. It was my cousin, Natsuko, who answered the call. Her voice dripped with sarcasm, "Oh look who decided to call back."

I clenched my jaw but maintained my composure, replying,"What is it?", I said "Don't need to be so rude. Anyways, you seem to have forgotten us after I got famous."

Natsuko's tone remained indifferent, "What do you want?"

My voice grew firmer, and I felt the veins pop on my temples. "Family dinner. You and Shinobu are invited."

Before Natsuko could respond, I abruptly cut the call, muttering a string of expletives under my breath. I knew that hosting this dinner meant I would be the one to cook and pay for everything. It wasn't the first time; I'd been sending them money regularly, even though I harbored resentment for the way they had treated me.

"Fucking bitch," I muttered to myself, frustration etched on my face. The conflicting emotions swirled within me. I still cared for my family in my own way, but I would never let myself love them again.

As I returned to the kitchen, I felt the weight of the impending family dinner heavy on my shoulders. I couldn't escape the ties that bound me to my past, and despite my success, I remained entangled in a love-hate relationship with the family I could never truly leave behind.

Amid the bustling restaurant, I heard a sudden uproar. "Did a celebrity arrive?" I wondered. The loud cheers, from both males and females, were quite distinctive. Leaving the kitchen, I instructed my chefs to check on the rice and ventured towards the source of the commotion.

As I approached, it became clear that the celebrated guests were none other than Giyuu Tomioka and Kanroji Mitsuri, who arrived in matching outfits. Their presence was a delightful surprise. I went to greet them, Kanroji's enthusiasm shining through as she marveled at the food being served to other patrons.

"Hello Tomioka and Kanroji," I greeted them warmly. "Ah, hello Iguro-san!" Kanroji beamed, her infectious smile bringing back fond memories which I was unaware of. I was momentarily lost in that smile, almost forgetting to acknowledge the two celebrities.

'I have never seen her before..'