Chapter 4- Planning the take down.

Prez dreamed about both Lois and Amanda that night. He had dreamed that he had ridden up to where Lois and his parents were buried and was just sitting and looking out over the mountains.

As always when he dreamed of this place, he felt so sad but this time he also felt confused and conflicted. He missed his wife so much and felt guilty for being attracted to Amanda.

He was slightly shocked when he had heard Lois' voice, so plainly at first it had sounded like she was right next to him and he frantically looked around. Then he had seen her, just as he had dressed her before he wrapped her in the blanket from their bed.

"You promised me that you would not mourn for me, Johnny. But now I understand why you have been unable to let me go. You've been waiting for her and now she's here.

She's beautiful, Johnny and so sweet. She's been hurt too and needs someone to love her like I know you can, so you had better treat her right. There are things about her past that she might not share with you, at least not right away but don't push.

Let her tell you what she wants you to know and stop dwelling on the past because that's what it is and where it should stay. She may need to just let things that happened to her go so that she can heal and move on but I feel like she's worth the time and effort. She's a good person and deserves someone like you.

I will always love you, Johnny but I want you to be happy with a good woman and that's what I think she is. I'm bound here to this earthly plane until you let me go, Johnny. It's past time that I move on just like it is for you.

Give her a chance to love the man I know you are and you should love her the way she deserves to be loved. Make babies with her, raise the family we both wanted and most importantly, be happy, my love." Lois had said as she began to float away to a bright light.

He reached for her, wanting to hold her just one more time but she just put her fingers to her lips and blew him a kiss then waved and disappeared. "Goodbye my love." he had heard in the wind.

Then his dream had changed to one he'd had too many times since Lois had died. He had felt like he had been riding around for a long time, lost and trying to find his way out of a dark forest. It made him feel like he had just been going through the motions of doing what was necessary without an actual direction to go in.

He had felt himself giving up, of just parking his bike and sitting down to wait for death to come and claim him. Then there was a small flicker of light and he began to ride towards it.

He had been having this part of the dream for a while now but every time before, the light had always stayed the same, too far away for him to catch up to but tonight, it was getting brighter and closer and suddenly there was a shape that he felt was pulling him out of the darkness but before he could see who it was, he woke up, still uncertain of who the shape was and it was so frustrating. At least this time he could make out that it was a very shapely woman.

The next morning, Prez was up early and tried to shake off the feeling of .......uncertainty, was the only way he could explain it, as he threw the covers on his bed back in place, got dressed for the day, then returned Lois' picture to its place on his nightstand before he headed for coffee in the kitchen.