Chapter 8- The files

They gathered up the clothes and Brigett helped her carry them down to Prez's room and then realized that she didn't have a key yet. "Well, damn! Prez told me to do this but now the room is locked and I can't get in."

Brigett grinned at her. "Prez above all others has to keep his door locked. The club whores would be hiding out in here, waiting for him if he didn't.

There was one that tried it a couple of years ago. He booted her out of here just like he found her, naked as the day she was born. She was lucky that they have a no hurt women policy here or he would have strangled her. He was totally pissed! After that he keeps everything under lock and key. They steal and will lie straight to your face with a smile. Don't ever trust them.

Taylor has been here the longest and she's the only one that is not a total skank. She's actually a pretty nice person but she's resigned herself to being nothing more than a club whore. But she's really more like a hang around who just happens to live in the club house.

She used to be a hang around and had dated one of the brothers exclusively for a while but then he was killed in a shoot out and ever since then she closed off her heart and took to fucking whoever wants her. It's like she doesn't care anymore.

She's pretty much a loner and most of the time sticks pretty much to herself. She comes out at night to drink and will go back to the guys rooms with them if they ask and she's in the mood but she doesn't chase after them the way the others do." Brigett said.

"I think I can understand where she's coming from." Amanda said without expanding on it anymore. "So what now?"

"Prospect!" Brigett called out. "When in need of anything, just yell for a prospect!" she said with a giggle.

Less than a minute later, Edmond came running up the stairs. "Hi ladies. What do you need?" He asked.

"Edmond, can you go knock on the meeting room door and tell Prez that Amanda needs the key to their room? She needs to get in and put her clothes away but he hasn't gotten her a key yet." Brigett told him.

"Sure. Be back in a flash." Edmond said, turned around and ran back downstairs. A few minutes later, he came back upstairs and let them in, offering to carry the clothes for them. With his help, it only took a couple of minutes to put the things away and Edmond gave Amanda the key to the room before he left.

Brigett teased Amanda about having a bigger closet and bedroom and asked Amanda if she would be making any changes in there.

"I don't think so. At least not right away. Was this the room he had with his late wife?" Amanda asked. She had noticed her picture on the table next to the bed but otherwise, there didn't seem to be any feminine touches to the room.

"No. Chain told me that they used to have a room across the hall down a couple of doors. It's kept as a guest room for now. This used to be his parents' room but he totally redecorated it when he moved in here." Brigett told her.

Together they left the bedroom and Amanda made sure it was locked before they headed back downstairs. A couple of minutes later, the door to the meeting room opened and all of the men filed out.

~~~~~~

After Prez left Amanda, he walked to his office and let himself inside. Instead of sitting down at his desk, he took the bag of files he had brought back from Jacob's office yesterday and sat them on the conference table where they had their executive staff meetings.

He made two stacks. One for the men and another for the women. He started with the top file for the men who turned out to be for Ralph Peters. It was basically like a human resources file. The application that Ralph would have completed when he first started working for Devlin Construction and all of the related paperwork that would normally be included.