Chapter 17 - Hope and Wolf's wedding

Hope woke up early the next morning and lay watching Wolf until the urge to pee got strong. She had slept in one of Wolf's t-shirts and while it fit her like a dress, she pulled on a pair of capri's and put on her flip flops. She began to unzip the tent flap when Wolf woke up.

"Good morning, my love. Where are you going?" Wolf said as he stretched his legs straight.

"I need to pee." Hope said as she crawled up and gave him a quick kiss.

"I'll take you. I need the restroom too." Wolf said.

They went and used the restroom and then went to get coffee. Hope said she didn't want to eat yet and wouldn't admit it but it was because she was nervous about today. She just prayed that it all went off with no drama and that she didn't fall flat on her face on her way up the aisle.

It wasn't long before Prez and Amanda joined them, both only wanting coffee right now. Next was Devon and Haley who weren't nervous at all and along with coffee they made plates of food for their breakfast.

"Good morning!" Devon greeted cheerfully. "Are you guys ready for today?"

"Excited!" Hope said.

"Nervous!" Amanda said.

"But ready?" Haley asked

Both Hope and Amanda seemed to start talking at the same time and were saying exactly the same things. "Hell no! Well, I have the dress and the makeup and our flowers are supposed to be picked up at 10 this morning. The minister is supposed to be here at 10:30. I have to shower, shave, dry and do my hair, put on my make-up, get in my dress and not throw up once I have it on and all of that has to be done in.............." Hope looked at her watch and saw that it was already after 7 am. "Less than 3 hours! Oh my lord, I'll never be ready in time!"

There were big smiles on all the men's faces but not one of them dared to laugh as Hope and Amanda both jumped up and ran for their tents like someone had just lit their tails on fire.

Both Prez and Wolf had stunned looks on their faces as they watched their women run through the tents and bikes. "What just happened?" Wolf looked over at Prez.

"They are going to get ready?" Prez said. He had not seen Lois on their wedding day because she had still been living at home then. Was this what she was like that morning? He thought to himself and then scolded himself for thinking about her when he should be focusing on Amanda, especially today. He started to stand up, but just then Butcher came up behind him with the coffee pot in his hand.

He began refilling cups as he said "Unless you want to start a fight with her, just stay out of the way. The only thing you can do now is to be dressed, have the ring and be standing by the minister when she comes down the aisle. That is unless she calls for you for some reason. And that goes for both of you." Butcher said, seeing the look on Wolf's face. "Oh and don't forget to brush your teeth just before you get dressed so that you don't get toothpaste on your shirt."

Everyone at the table laughed. "That sounds like a memory, Butcher." Devon smiled at him.

"Guilty! The day I married Margie, I was a nervous wreck. I'd hidden the rings and because I was so nervous, I couldn't remember where I'd hidden them and it took me and Prez's dad, Dux, who was my best man, over an hour to find them." Butcher started his tale but Prez interrupted

"I never knew dad was your best man!" Prez said in shock.

"Yeah, you were just a little squirt then. I was the youngest in the group. We had just started the club a couple of years before that and there were only half a dozen of us at first. We didn't even have the VP, SOA, etc set up yet. We were just a bunch of young punks wearing our unpatched leather cuts and raising hell on our bikes.