Chapter 9- Prez and Amanda's afternoon together

Everyone noticed when Doc and Melinda came into the dining room together but nobody said anything, just smiled at them as they went to get in line to get their food. It was nice to see that Doc had finally found someone he was interested in. Prez wondered if she was going to join them to go to Sturgis and if so, would her son's be coming with them? Would David be healed enough for such a long trip? He made a mental note to talk to Doc later.

As soon as lunch was over, Prez told Amanda that he had one more thing to do and then if she still wanted to go, he would take her to Nicholasville to see if they could find her purse, if nothing else.

As soon as he got to his office, he called and put in a rush order for Amanda's cut, telling his supplier, George, that he wanted it there in two days, if not sooner. He wasn't taking any chances that she would have to go to Sturgis without it.

George assured him that he would have it ready to be mailed out by tomorrow afternoon and Prez paid for it to be overnighted to him, meaning he would have it here in plenty of time.

He also did a quick search for engagement rings and found one that he really liked. Now he just needed to figure out her ring size. He was trying his best not to compare Amanda to Lois but he couldn't stop the memories of Lois popping into his mind, especially when it came to things like this.

When he had been planning on asking Lois to marry him, he had been so stressed out about what he was going to say, what kind of ring he should buy and where he should take her to ask her.

He hadn't wanted to do it in front of everyone because he had been so afraid that she would turn him down and he would have been too embarrassed to show his face in the club house ever again.

He had snuck into her jewelry box and put a ring on his pinky finger. Unfortunately, it was a toe ring and he had bought her ring that would have fit her second toe.

Thankfully she had found it funny and they had gone back to the store together and got a ring that fit her finger. Maybe he should tell Amanda that story and she would just tell him her ring size. Or maybe he could find the ring she had thrown away in the yard!

Prez left his office carrying two of the new wireless helmets that Wizard had prepared for him and found Amanda. "Ready to go?" He asked her.

"Are you sure you have time? I don't want to take you away if you are busy." Amanda said.

"Believe me. I need some time away from here. Just let me let Spokes know where I'm going." Prez said. He pulled out his phone and texted Spokes. "Where are you?"

"Out back tuning my bike." Spokes replied.

"Do you think you will have more than I can fit in my saddle bags and a backpack?" Prez asked Amanda.

"Before I answer that, can I see how big your saddle bags and this backpack are?" Amanda grinned at him.

"Hahahaha! Sure. If we have to, we'll take one of the pick up trucks. I was just hoping for a chance for you to ride behind me." Prez said as he pulled her close and kissed her. "We're going to have to get you some bike time, woman."

"Growing up I had more horseback time but I have ridden a motorbike before." Amanda grinned at him.

Hand in hand they walked out to the garage. Spokes was there along with some of the others working on their bikes, tuning them up to get ready for the trip to Sturgis.

They walked over to Prez's bike and he showed her the saddle bags. They were large leather snap on bags that should be able to easily handle the small amount of stuff she wanted to bring back. "Will that be enough room?" Prez grinned at her.