Chapter 13 -Heading out to Sturgis

The next morning, mostly because it was Sunday, the rest of the clubhouse slept in late but Prez, Amanda, Wolf and Hope were up at 8 am. They met in the dining room and enjoyed breakfast together. Prez called George at the leather shop and asked him to open up just long enough for them to get some boots for the wedding and he agreed, asking them to call when they got to town.

Since the club members were such good customers who regularly spent a lot of money in his store and the fact that George lived right behind his store, all he had to do was walk over and open up long enough for them to get what they wanted. It was a decision that he would definitely not regret by the time Prez and Wolf left.

Prez had wanted to take his bike but since Amanda would be bringing back her wedding gown, he agreed to take her on one of the SUV's. They dropped the women at the bridal shop first and then called George to tell him that they were on their way.

They ended up spending the majority of the morning in town so they decided to go to lunch at a local pizza place. They were all having a great time until Wolf spotted some Satan's Riders coming down the road. "Prez, we may have a problem. There are four Satan's Riders coming down the road."

"Hopefully they will just keep on going. Our bikes are not outside so unless they are already coming in here, we have nothing to worry about. Girls, if they stop and come in here, go to the bathroom and stay there until we call for you. Do not come out, no matter what you hear. Understand?" Prez instructed.

"No." "No." both women said, then Amanda said "I will not desert you. I can't run and hide if you are in danger. If it looks like they are coming in, then we'll call the law but I won't run and hide in the bathroom." Hope nodded in agreement.

"Bloody hardhead." Wolf groused.

"Baby, you have no idea yet." Hope grinned at him.

Thankfully, the Satan's Riders did not stop but the close call left them all jumpy after that so they finished up their pizza and drinks, paid for their tab then quickly left the shop. As they left the city limits, all of them breathed a collective sigh of relief.

As soon as they were back at the compound, the ladies headed upstairs to put Amanda's dress away while Prez called for church, telling all of the prospects that they were to join them for at least the first part of the meeting. All of the men filed into the meeting room and as soon as everyone was seated, Prez banged his gavel and called the meeting to order.

He told them what had happened in Lexington and said "It seems the Satan's Riders have set up a base in our area again. If it weren't so close to time for us to leave for Sturgis, I'd be working on a plan to hunt them down and run them out of our area again.

We need to contact the businesses in town as well as Captain Joe and let everyone know to keep their eyes open. I'm also going to let Captain Joe know that we have four families that will be staying in the compound along with three of our younger prospects.

I'm going to request that he stop by daily and check in with you boys. I'll also talk to the fathers and make sure that they understand that they and their wives and children are not to go outside of the compound alone.

I want them to do their shopping tomorrow so that they are well supplied before we leave. If they need something from the store, they need to have their husbands and a prospect go for them or better yet, you guys go get it for them.

Don't worry, I'll make sure they get their feminine hygiene products before we go. Hopefully they can hang on until we get back unless it's an emergency situation like medications or medical help.