16

Sup guys.
*

"Come on, Exton. It'll be fun! Jump in!" Downey called after Exton, he shook his head and walk backwards. Rose caught exton's arm and pulled him into a hug. His father stared at his girlfriend, wearing a two piece suit looking gorgeous as hell. For a moment there, he lost his attention on Exton and focused all of it on her.

"It's alright, I got you." She counted to three and jumped into the pool with Exton secure in her arms. Downey grabbed his son and placed him on his shoulders, he giggled, his ash blonde hair now a shade darker.

"Mama!" Exton shouted excited to see Susan, Downey's face dropped a little but forced a smile.

"Susan you look amazing!" Rose complimented his ex wife, Susan joined in while Downey took off.

"He still hates me." Susan looked over to Rose, she gave her a faint smile, a sign of sympathy.

"Beer or margarita?" Downey came back with three drinks. Rose smiled getting up from the pool, she took the margarita from his hands and sat on the bench.He went over to Susan and handed her a beer, forcing a smile on his face, he went beside Rose.

"Play nice." she sipped her margarita, the mixture of alcohol stimulating her tongue. He smirked looking at Exton swimming with floats around his arms.

"I'm." he took a big gulp of his beer, cringed a little by the taste of it. He was never a fan of beer, in fact he always liked margarita's.

"I quit as your secretary." she looked over to his brown eyes, he nodded looking at her.

"Okay.. I get it. Your new job must be family bonding." he retorted sarcastically.

"I'm serious." she traded her margarita with his beer, knowing that he didn't like it. He chuckled lightly, before Susan took Exton out of the pool and asked if they wanted dinner.

"Sure, we'll see you at seven." Susan smiled while drying exton's hair, Downey bent down and wrapped a towel around his son. What if Rose was right? All of this, would be possible again.

"Excuse me." Rose picked up her phone, it was from the hospital but it wasn't doctor Corinth calling, she could sense the worry in the nurse's voice overlapping her sentence.

"Miss.. Louise. We.. Lost dahlia." Her eyes widened, her heartbeat was racing out of her chest. Tears sprang into the corners of her eyes, choking back any words she wanted to say. "Miss, are you there?"

"What.. Time did she pass away?" She sniffed wiping the tears of her cheek, she felt a soft touch on her shoulder, feeling Downey's presence behind her.

"Oh Miss Louise, you've missed interpret my sentence, She's missing." her emotions were toying with her, she was unable to process this news, wondering if it was worse that she's missing or not?

"How can she be missing? She.. She couldn't even stand by herself." her voice defeated, Downey held her shoulders but never interrupted her privacy. " Where's Doctor Corinth?"

"We couldn't contact her, we presume she's out station. " she rubbed her face with her palms, not knowing what to do.

"I'll take the next flight and go home." she hung up looking at Downey, he pulled her close, squeezing her in his arms.

"I'll bring you home with the next flight." She didn't decline the offer but Susan stood at a distance with her son in her arms, feeling left out.

*

"I'm sorry the next flight is full." Rose closed her eyes, pulling back the tears. Robert took her phone away from her hands and hushed her.

"I'll make a call. Pack your bags." she stood up quickly shoving her clothes into her bag, he came back in no time to help her. He knew that she was breaking inside but there's nothing he could do.

"I don't know who took her." Rose was sitting at the very end of the limo, far away from Downey. He felt the isolation, her voice came like an echo to him, soft and painful.

"We'll find her." he took her hands in his and scoot over to her, he felt her muscles relaxed and her head leaned over his shoulders. She sobbed once again but quietly, it reminded Downey of Zurich. Her soft sobs were hardly audible but her felt the moisture on his shirt. As much as he wanted to comfort her, he couldn't help but blurt out his thoughts.
"You know where she is Rose.. you know."

"I know." She looked at his eyes, it pained him to see her weep without doing anything. He wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead.

"We need Simon."

"What? Why Simon?" He smiled a little and shrugged.

"I did a check up on him, he's a gun for hire but he seems fine to you..so." they removed their bags and paid off the driver, she was about to queue up to check in until Downey pulled her aside. "Honey, we're going on my private jet tonight."

"Wh-what?" He intertwined his fingers with hers and walked her through the security.

"I've always had a jet, I just thought it would seem more normal for you to travel with everyone. But now, Rose, it's emergency."she felt the urge to hug him but remained where she stood, the tabloids where speculating about all of them. Is Susan Downey visiting her husband in France? Robert Downey Jr's PA spending time in France with the Downey family? She read all about it but she kept her mouth shut too.

"Thank you so much for this." She squeezed his hands before going onto his private jet. She wouldn't sleep from all the thoughts, it drove her crazy. Downey's involvement wouldn't be a positive dash to this situation, it might just push him to the battle field.

"Rose, you have to sleep." His voiced coated with deep sleep, she nodded rolling to the other side so he can't see her face. "Do you want anything to drink? Cup of milk perhaps?" He rolled over to the edge and sat up, walking to a mini fridge.

"I know but I can't sleep. Perhaps." He poured a glass of milk and took a sleeping pill for her.

"This might help."

*