13

Heyyyy sorry for not updating by the way! Gonna get real busy soon .
*

"Downey!" he stole her towel away, while he only had a towel hanging below his V line. They were chasing around his enormous house before crashing on the couch.

"Give me back my towel!" He shook his head and kissed her.

"Fuck." he moaned when she bit his bottom lip. The door bell rang and he ran to get the door.

"HeY- Whoah." Susan stared at his V line.

"Susan?" Rose quickly wrapped herself with a blanket.

"I brought Exton here." his eyes soften, missing his son.

"I'll go and get him." Susan left them alone. Her heart beating fast for downey, what was it? Can they? Should they?

*

"Exton! I've missed you." Rose hugged him, his blonde hair messy.

"Let's cook dinner, shall we?" He carried Exton and taught him a few tricks of cooking. She came down after changing into some pleasant clothes, she stopped at the staircase. The smile plastered on Robert's face is what she'll never give, but only Exton could. That kid was gold.

"I'm ruining it." she whispered to herself. Downey came to the staircase and saw her.

"Hey, you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." he had a towel on his shoulder.

"I'm fine, don't worry." her mind kept thinking about Andrew Kenner, maybe it's really time for her to leave. A stable job that can keep Dahlia's medical bills on track.

"Let's have dinner!" He took her hand and led her to the dining table. She had no mood for a meal anymore, but she stuffed everything into her mouth. Her heart pounding, Downey realized how unusual she was. He wasn't going to talk about it until Exton's asleep.

"Goodnight little jr." he kissed Exton's forehead and left to look for Rose. She wasn't in the mansion, he found her in the barn feeding his horse.

"You know I hire someone to do it right?" she faked a chuckle.

"They looked cute, I had too."

"Rose, is something disturbing you? You know I'm here." she sighed, she knew he was always there, but was he right to be there?

"Let's go to bed." she took his hands and led him back home.

*

"You've been acting weird, you know that right?" He snapped Rose out of her daydream.

"Oh Ye-yeah, no I mean, no I'm fine." she stammered, there was something wrong with her that he just couldn't point out. He hugged her tightly and kissed her cheeks, he was worried for her.

"I'll look for Whedon and be back soon." she gave him a nod and continued working, until the phone rang.

"Hello, Secretary of Robert Downey."

"Rose? I'm Susan, mind if we have some coffee?" She gulped, what did Susan want from her?

"Yeah, I'll be there." she ran across the street to meet Susan, who was looking flawless today.

"Hey.." Susan stood up instantly.

"Have a seat, I bought you Cinnamon latte." she smiled sweetly, it was creeping Rose out.

"Look if there's something you want to say. Just say it." she sat down sipping her coffee.

"I know.. About you and Downey." Her cheeks turned Crimson. " It's not that I mind.. but.. I.. want Exton to have a happy family." she knew where this was going, her heart was numb, is she going to do the right thing?

*