17

Hey guyssss.

*

"Rose, honey?" He shook her a little, she sprang up from her seat. She was no longer in the jet, they were already parked outside the the hospital in Robert's vehicle.

"How did I get here?" He brushed her hair away from her face and kissed her cheeks so ever lightly.

"You were pretty sedated last night, you got the sleep you needed and I didn't want to interrupt it until we've arrived." He leaned over and unbuckled her seatbelt, she felt a rush of embarrassment with a mixture of love on her chest. They walked - or almost ran to the counter to ask for further information.

"Nurse Aris was on the morning shift, looking after Dahlia." The receptionist pressed on her phone and soon some one with a blue attire came out.

"I'm assuming you're Nurse Aris?" Rose could tell that she was ashamed of herself.

"Janine, please. I.. Didn't know what to do.. I woke up and she was gone."

"How about the surveillance camera?" Janine shook her head, tears flooding her eyes.

"The system was gone for an hour until they've fixed it, still everything was black. Nothing was recorded." Rose had the urge to grab the collar of her shirt and lift her up, yelling at her but she contained her feelings. It was obvious who it was, how did he know? Someone snapped her out of her thoughts, it was a guy in a long emerald coat.

"Miss Louis, I'm Detective Jones, Adrian Jones. I'm assisting you in this case." Her heart told her not to trust any government related services but she reached out her hand as a courtesy.

"Did you get any information on my sister?"

"No, so far she's the only patient missing in the entire hospital. Could I interview this guy over here?" The detective pointed over to Downey, reaching out his hands and shaking it when Downey held on.

"Sure." He followed the detective but turned back and mouthed ' call simon' to Rose. She reached into her pocket and dialed Simon's number.

"Who's this?" His voice sounded raspy and drunk, he continued babbling and slurring his way.

"Simon, it's me, Reneè." He stopped for moment and it was silent. "Simon?"

"What happened?" He voice changed entirely, there was no hint of alcohol in him anymore, it was all business.

"Denise.. She's missing.." She couldn't help but let her tears fall, everything was starting to fall apart and this was just the tip of the ice berg.

"I'll call you. If.. You don't want anymore collateral damage I suggest you leave Downey out of this." He hung up before she could say a word, she rolled her eyes not understanding why people do that.

Meanwhile, Downey and detective jones were sitting in an empty ward. Detective Jones looked cautiously at Downey as if all this dark secrets would spill out any moment.

"What is your relationship status with Ms.Louis?" He took a pen and a tiny notebook out awaiting for his reply.

"She's my girlfriend." He said without thinking, he would do anything for her. " we just came back from a vacation after getting a phone call from the staff."

"I'll require proof. Who else do you think that would harm Dahlia?" He continued writing as Downey tried looking outside for Simon.

"I don't know, detective. It might be your job to find out." He paused writing and glanced at Downey.

" It might just be." He stuff his own and note book into his pockets and shook Downey's hands before leaving. Downey found Rose sitting on the bench, with her head in her hands.

"Rose?" He touched her shoulders gently.

"You need to leave." She whispered suggestively when it was supposed to be an order.

"No I don't." He pull her body close to his, knowing that she needed it.

"It's dangerous, your ex-wife, Exton, everyone including you, would be in danger." She knew Simon was right in every way, it's too risky. "I've already put my life on the line, I don't want to include you in this misery."

"I should be able to make the choice." He knew it's wrong for him to jump in but it just didn't feel right to leave her alone.

"You're wrong. He's not just anyone, Downey. Not just anyone." She pulled herself away from him. "Please just do me a favor. Please I beg of you, for the sake of yourself and the rest of your family. Leave me alone, just for now.. Until it's resolved." She touched his chin, looking at his eyes.

He knew that look, it was a look for desperation. She was afraid to lose someone dear again, someone she grew so intimate with. He touched her cold hands, reaching out to kiss her forehead.

"I'll leave on the next flight back to Susan and Exton." She gave him a weak smile and he reached over and kissed her, slowly kissing down her neck. He was Savoring the moment, until he meets her again.

"I'll see you again. I promise." She kissed his cheeks once more.

"Find her and be safe." He took his ring and placed in her hands. "In case if you miss me."

Rose watched as he jumped onto his car and drove off, her heart was calling after him but she knew he was better off.

"Rose?" Simon touched her shoulders.

"Let's get to business."

*