6

Happy reading! (Not edited)

*

"Robert! You're gonna be late for you-" he opened the door with a bottle of whiskey in the other hand. His eyes tired and red without sleep.

"What happened?" He invited her into his beautiful house. She was always living in apartments until she met Gene. She took Rose into her house when she was in need. He was smoking his cigarettes again.

"Robert.. What's wrong?" She read all about him on the internet. His drug abuse and the way he got over it amazed Rose. He was indeed the survivor of life. She touched his hands slowly, showing him her concern.

"Nothing. Everything is fucking fine." He gulped down even more whiskey , the burning sensation wasn't only burning his throat, it was also burning his heart.

"Where's Susan?" He chuckled when he heard her name . His laughter slowly turning into tears.

"She's never coming back and my marriage is growing apart. Again" he rubbed his tears off, drinking even more.

"Look you can fix it.. I know you can.. You fixed yourself. You'll do it for Exton." Rose squeezed his hands.

" She's cheating on me Rose. She's fucking cheating on me. Tell me how do I fix it?!" He grabbed her arms desperately. Rose was out of words, she was never good at consoling. Without hesitation, she wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight hug.

He didn't pull back, in fact he needed comfort. She rubbed his back slowly pulling back, looking into his dark eyes. There was eye bags underneath those gorgeous lashes. He needed sleep more Than anyone right now.

"Let's get you to bed alright?" With all her strength, she walked him into his bedroom. She tucked him into bed, singing him to sleep. She kissed his cheeks and left him to rest. She needed to make a lot of calls.

*

"Jesus. My head is pounding." He sat up leaning on the bed frame. To his surprise, he found aspirins and water beside him. He walked down slowly and smelled the aroma from the kitchen.

"Hey.. How are you feeling? I cooked some chicken soup for you." He took a seat beside the bar table. He tried remembering whatever happened before he drooled.

"Here.." She served him hot soup and cleaned up her mess around the kitchen.

"Who taught you how to cook?" He took another sip of his delicious soup.

"Myself.. I hope it's good." He nodded and she smiled. She used to cook chicken soup when Dahlia isn't feeling well. It was her favorite food comfort. She couldn't remember when she had time to do so for her nowadays.

"Where's.. Susan and Exton?" He didn't look at her , which intimidates her the most.

"She took him and went out of the house. I.. Told her to get out." He buried his head in his hands.

"I'm just going to leave.. It's getting late and I think you need sometime alone." She took her bags ready to leave the door but he pushed the door closed and she turned around, few inches from his lips.

"Just.." He closed his eyes looking for the right thing to say." Stay with me.. I tend to think more. When I'm alone." She stroked his face slowly, his eyes was looking at her the same way the night that they were drunk. She swallowed hard, thinking if this was right. After all she did in her life, nothing was once right, why not be wrong again?

Her lips parted slightly,He didn't waste time clashing his lips with hers, running her hands through his messy hair. Their tongues twirling, fighting over dominance. He pushed her against the door hard. She wrapped her legs around his waist, feeling his length hard against her. His hands travelled all over her body, exploring every inch of her. He threw her shirt across the floor. Nibbling and licking down from her neck to her collarbone. She moaned leaning back on the door. Her hands lost in his hair, he removed her jeans and stoked the thin fabric of her wet sex.