Chapter Three

The ride to Tyson's house was long and awkward. I felt like every time Tyson would turn and look at me, he was just waiting to catch trying to steal from him, like I would do that anyway. I'm not going to steal let alone steal something from one of the most richest guys at school even if my life isn't filled with money.

"Here, I brought my sisters curler. Go inside that bathroom and curl your hair." He said grabbing something from the back and throwing a paper bag onto my lap.

"What's wrong with my hair?" I ask looking down at the paper bag not meeting his eyes knowing that if I did something bad would happen.

"Nothing," he says sighing. "My mom just wants everything perfecr in her house and her definition of perfect for a girl is hair curled nicely and dressed appropriately, which you have down." He says sincerely.

I bite my lip and nod my head. He tells me that he'll be waiting for me and I get out and walk towards the bathroom with the paper bag clenched in my hands. The bathroom was messy. It had graffiti written all over the walls, mold and stains on either the toilets or walls, there was even a strong stench coming from one of the closed stalls. I scrunch my nose up, and walk over to the cleanest mirror out of the three and set the bag down. The mirror was cracked but I could still see my face.

My blue eyes looked dull and boring compared to my sun shine golden locks that was still in the bun I put it in this morning with a few bumps here and there, so basically I looked like I was hit by a truck then picked up by a tornado. Shaking my head, I plug in the curling iron and wait for it to warm up before curling it and setting it up with nice loose curls.

After I was done, I go to put the curling iron back into the bag and found a medium sized ruby red box with a note sticking out. I bite my lip and take it out and look at the folded piece of paper.

I'm sorry for the way my mom will be acting. Put these on and keep them. Let's say it's a piece offering. ~ T

I smile and open the box, letting out a gasp. The two hooped earings sparkle and shimmer down with the design in an aztec way. I take one in my palm and bite my lip before holding one of the hooped earings against my ear.

"Beautiful. Wear it just like that with that smile my mom won't see who you are." A voice says scaring me and making me jump.

I drop the earning back in the box and turn towards Tyson who leaned against the door frame of the bathroom. I blush and tuck a curl behind my ear and look back down at the earings and hold them out for him.

"I can't accept these. It's too much even if I'll only wear them once. It's a waste of your money to get me these. You hate me and you don't have to buy me gifts."

"Relax Trailer Park. It only costed me fifty bucks at Walmart. You can take them back if you'd like, I just thought after everything my mom will do to you, you'd deserve a gift even if I do hate you."

"Why are you being so nice to me? I thought your oath along with every other person in that school was to ruin my life."

Tyson doesn't say anything. Instead he takes my hand and grabs the bag from beside the counter and drags me towards his car. I ignore the pain that shoots up my wrist from the grip he holds as he opens the passanger side door.

"If we don't leave now we'll never get out project done."

I nod my head and ignore his cold glare he sent my way as I step in. He slams the door, nearly missing my leg in the process. I shake my head what seems for the millionth time today and wait for him to get in. When he does, he doesn't hesitate to speed out of the parking lot, ignoring once again that I didn't have my seat belt completely on yet.

"Mom, this is Aaliyah Fox. We have a project to work on so we'll be in my room. Don't bother us please." Tyson says walking in his two story house.

His mom looks up from her People's magazine and looks me up and down before plastering a fake smile on her face as she turns back and looks at Tyson.

"That's fine with me. Just make sure Aaliyah doesn't steal anything. I know where that girl lives and I don't want to take any chances." She says giving me a quick glance.

I frown and look down at my feet. I tune out whatever Tyson says to his mom and study my shoes. The laces are old and black from the multiple times I've worn them. The rim of my shoes has mud around it and looking at the white carpet of the livingroom, I'm pretty sure I've left a stain or two then Mrs. Bradford would really truly hate me for ruining something as clean as her pure white carpet.

"Come on Aaliyah. We're going to be studying out in the tree house." Tyson says pulling me out of my train of thoughts. I look up and nod my head.

Tyson takes my hand and drags me to the backyard. I softly smile at Mrs. Bradford who returns me with a cold glare that says, I'm watching you. I quickly look away and allow Tyson to lead me outside.

"I'm so sorry about that Fox. Usually she's a bitch to people who don't reach her standards." Tyson apologizes once we reach the big oak tree in his backyard.

I smile at him in umderstanding and look up at the tree where a latter goes up from one side and disappears in the branches and leaves.

"Are we really going up a tree?" I gulp as I begin to start feeling dizzy. Tyson raises his eyebrow at me and gives me the are you seriously kidding me right now look.

"It is a tree house." He says crossing his arms over his chest. "The word tree is in it."

I bite my lip as I look back at the tree and close my eyes. I slowly open my eyes and walk over to the latter hesitation clear in my movements.

"The faster you move, the quicker it is." Tyson states with irritation. I shake my head and start to climb up the latter. I close my eyes again as I walk up. The breeze is hitting my face and I flinch from the cold. When I open my eyes, I'm on the last step and host myself up with Tyson hot on my tail.

"Told you. It wasn't that bad." I roll my eyes and turn towards him and take my bag from his hands.
"Let's just get the project over with so I can go home." I snap.

"Fine by me. But only if you do one thing for me." Tyson says taking a seat in one of the blue bean bags inside in the far corner.

I raise my eyebrow at him and slowly walk to the red one across from him. I grip my bag strap to my chest as I take a seat and watch Tyson from the corner of my eye as he rakes his hand through his hair and down his thigh.

"Alright, what is it that you want?" I ask looking down at my lap and start picking at the navy blue nail polish on my fingernails.

"This." He simply replies lifting my chin up with his cold hands and gently but forcefully on my lips.