Chapter Ten

It's been two weeks since I told my mom that I was pregnant. She hasn't pushed me into telling Tyson or his family yet which I'm glad for because I'm not quite sure on how I should break the news to him. He would either believe me or not.

"Aaliyah I set up a doctors appointment for you next week." My mother says taking a seat next to me as I nod my head. "That also means they will ask information about the father."

I tense up and look at my mom with wide eyes. "But if they know they'll tell Tyson, mom," I say shaking my head.

"Honey people are bound to know once you start showing. Now I know you aren't ready to tell Tyson so your appointment is set for out of town." She says as I release a sigh and nod my head.

"Thank you."

"But that doesn't mean you keep pushing away the fact that you need to tell him." She says pointing a finger at me.

"He's just going to push me and the baby away Mom."

"But he is the father and deserves to know Aaliyah. I'm giving you two weeks. You either tell him or I will."

I open my mouth to speak but she was already walking out the door and heading to work.

~~

"Hi Aaliyah, I'm Dr. Holland." Dr. Holland says walking into the room that I and my mother were in.

I smile and shake the doctor's hand and look over to my mom who was smiling slightly at me.

"Now your file says you are almost two months pregnant correct?"

"Yes."

Dr. Holland smiles and nods her head. "That's good. Now I just want to get a background check, nothing too serious I just want to know how your health is and if you've felt any pain."

I nod my head as she takes a seat next to me on one of those spinning chairs and sets my file on her lap.

"Have you felt any morning sickness? It's perfectly fine if you haven't." I shake my head as she nods her head.

"Do you have any medical history of recent surgeries? Pills you've been taking?"

"No, I've taken Advil for headaches but nothing too big."

Dr. Holland nods her head and writes down something before looking up at me with a smile.

"Do you know anything with the father's history?" I shake my head as she nods her head. "Okay, well we like to have both parents information down just to be safe."

I nod my head as she glances over to my mother before back to me. "I would like it if he would come to the next appointment.

Especially since we will be able to get a clear
image of the baby at that time."

I look over at my mother who just smiles at me.
I look back over at Dr. Holland and just nod my head. "Okay, I'll see if he can come."

Dr. Holland nods her head. "Perfect. Now I'm going to prescribe you some vitamins for both you and the baby. You can get these at any local pharmacy at any given time." She says writing something down on a notepad before ripping it and handing me a piece of paper.

"Thank you," I say handing the paper over to my mom who sets it in her purse.

"No problem. Now if you have any questions don't be afraid to call."

I nod my head as my mom thanks her. They set up my next appointment as I take my phone out of my coat pocket and hit my messages.

My thumb hovers over the name before clicking on it.

'Can we meet up and talk? It's important.'

Before I could even think twice, I quickly hit send before shutting my phone off and look up just in enough time to see my mom smiling at me with the checkout papers.