Chapter Thirty

"Hello Aaliyah, how are you today?" Dr. Holland asks first thing as she walks into the room with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks for asking. I see you brought some new people with you today, this must be the father and a friend I assume?" She asks referring Tyson and Cassidy that sat next to me on the two chairs under the window.

I nod my head as she gives them both a smile and introduces herself while shaking her hands. I wait and listen as Dr. Holland ask Tyson the same questions that she asked me the first time I came and writing them down in my file.

"Okay, I think I got everything." Dr. Holland says shutting her file and shoving her pen back into her front pocket. "Do you guys all want Aaliyah to have the same thing or do you all want something different?" She asks rolling over to the computer screen beside me.

"I want a baby boy." Cassidy and I both say at the same time, making us both laugh as Tyson shrugs his shoulders and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"What would you like Tyson? A son to play ball with or a daughter to spoil rotten?" Dr. Holland asks shooting him a smile as she waits for the computer screen to boost up.

"I honestly could care less. I would love them no matter what the gender is and will spoil them if it were a boy or girl."

Dr. Holland nods her head and looks back at the computer screen that was finally up and ready. She looks back at me and gives me a smile.

"Are you ready to find out what you're having?"

I nod my head as I lift my shirt up exposing my stomach. Dr. Holland shuts off the lights as she squirts the gel on the base of my stomach and places a blue rag just above my pants. I rest an arm behind my head as I turn it to face the little screen. As soon as Dr. Holland places the little mouse stick on my stomach, my baby's heartbeat echoes through the room, making Cassidy and Tyson suck in a breath as they stare at the screen in aw.

"Holy shit that's small," Tyson mutters making
Dr. Holland let out a small chuckle.

"Okay, I can count ten toes and ten fingers," She says moving the mouse along my stomach.

"If they could just move their legs I could see what you are having."

I scoot up in my seat, my eyes never leaving the screen. My baby is moving around, their hands lifting up and their legs moving. I feel a kick, making me smile as he or she turns away.

"What are you thinking Ty?" I hear Cassidy whisper as our eyes watch our baby move around.

"That I'm going to spoil the shit out of them."

I smile at that and look over at Tyson. Tyson looks away, his brown eyes meeting mine through the semi-lit room. I hold my hand out, which he gladly takes before we both look back at our baby, but before I fully look at the screen, I see the sly smirk that Cassidy has on her face as she takes a picture of Tyson and I, making me roll my eyes.

This girl, I swear.

"Okay, so I have a perfect position now. Are you guys ready to find out what you're having?"

I squeeze Tyson's hand as we both nod our heads. His thumb rubs soothing circles along my knuckles as Dr. Holland nods her head.

"Congratulations Aaliayh and Tyson. You're having a bouncing baby boy."