Chapter Thirty-two

I take a deep breath as I knock on the red painted front door and wait anxiously for someone to answer. The faint sound of the sprinklers is heard as I look around the quiet neighborhood. I could smell the fresh smell of grass that was mowed not too long ago and the smell of someone in the neighborhood BBQing. The door opens with a click revealing a confused Tyson who may I add is shirtless. He stares at me with his brows furrowed and his brown eyes shining with concern.

"Aaliyah, what are you doing here? Is everything alright with the baby?" He asks as I laugh at his concern and nod my head.

"Everything is okay." I laugh as he slumps down in relief and smiles at me. "I'm actually here so we can talk about the baby," I say placing my hand in my stomach and rubbing it with a smile.

"Okay, we can talk in the kitchen. My mom's out for the day so she won't interrupt us." He says opening the door wider for me so that I could walk through.

I nod my head and walk inside. Just like last time, the house felt empty but decorated the same way. I follow Tyson to the kitchen where the smell of something being cooked is smelt.

I give Tyson a questioning look as we enter the question and look at the steaming pot on the stove.

"I'm making macaroni if you'd like some." He says walking over to the pot and turning the heat down as he stirs the noodles. "My sister is obsessed with it." He laughs as I take a seat at one of the barstools and look around the kitchen. Now that I've actually thought of it, I haven't actually met any of Tyson's family members apart from his mother and Cassidy.

"Your sister? How old is she?"

"Twelve, her name is Sofia and she is nothing like my mother, I can tell you that." He says turning around and leans against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Does she know about the baby?" I ask as he nods his head. "What does she think about him?"

Tyson shrugs his shoulders as he looks down at his bare feet. "She's happy for me and is excited to be an aunt."

I smile and look down at my hands on the counter and start picking at my chipped nails. I wait for Tyson to serve the macaroni before looking back up. He shouts for Sofia and turns to me with a smile.

"What did you want to talk to me about Tyson asks giving me a smile as he takes a seat next to me.

I open my mouth to speak but a squeal from behind us makes me squeal.

"Oh my god is this the baby mama!"

Tyson groans as he smacks his face with his hand and turns to Sofia with a glare. I turn around and give Sofia a smile.

"Hi, I'm Aaliyah. You must be Sofia." I say giving her a warm smile.

Sofia squeals again, her brown hair falling into her face as she runs over to me and pulls me into a surprise hug.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!" She says pulling away making me smile even more. "Ever since Tyson told me, I've always wanted to meet you but he hasn't gotten around to it."

I give Tyson a sideways glance which he ignores as he eats his macaroni in silence. I turn back to Sofia and nod my head, not really knowing what to say as she takes a seat beside me.

"Tyson told me you guys are having a boy, do you guys already have names picked out?"

I shook my head as I took a bite from the macaroni. "No, that's actually why I came over."

Tyson looks at me and raises his eyebrow as I just smile and turn to Sofia who has a bigger smile on her face.

"Wow! Have you got any names in mind?"

I nod my head. "I really like Boston Michael Bradford or Cameron Michael Bradford."

"You want him to have our last name?" Sofia asks with wide eyes as I nod my head.

"He should. Tyson is his father and they should share the same last name." I say casually as Sofia squeals and Tyson stares at me in shock.

"I really like Boston, but I don't know what Tyson likes," Sofia says shooting Tyson a look as he sits up in his seat and clears his throat.

"Um, yeah. I like Boston."

Sofia smiles as I give Tyson a weird look. What's his deal?

"Are you going with Boston?" Sofia asks as I shrug my shoulders.

"I want me and Tyson to agree on a name together."

Sofia nods her head and starts babbling on about different baby names. The whole time she was speaking, Tyson didn't mutter a single word and only nodded his head or shook his head to the ones he hated or the ones he liked.

After Sofia was done, she had to go upstairs so she could get ready for dance class, leaving Tyson and me alone finally.

"What's wrong?" I ask once I know Sofia is away from earshot. "You've been quiet since Sofia came down."

Tyson shrugs his shoulders but doesn't say anything as he finishes drying the last dish before putting it away. I watch as he takes a seat next to me and runs his hands through his hair making it messy.

"Tyson? You okay?"

"Aaliyah, will you go out with me?"

"What?" I ask in shock as he turns to me biting his lip.

"Will you go on a date with me. A real date. Like dinner or something. I want to make it up to you and I need to prove to you. Please," Tyson says taking my hands into his. "Will you go on one date with me. That's all I ask."

I bite my lip as I stare down at our hands. His thumb was rubbing soothing circles against mine. I wasn't going to lie, the gesture that he was doing was making my stomach flutter and I couldn't lie and say that I didn't find him somewhat attractive because he is.

"Please, just one that's all I'm asking." He repeats making me look up.

"Yes."