Chapter Thirty-four

"She wants to throw me a baby shower?" I ask in disbelief as I stare at Tyson in shock as he looked down at the table nodding his head.

"I know, I was shocked when I heard her say it too, but she said she wants to be in her grandson's life." He states shaking his head
as I do the same.

"I don't know Tyson, I mean from the start she's always made sure to show her level of hate towards me," I mutter looking down at that table.

We don't say anything after that, the waves of the ocean hitting the rocks is all that could be heard.

It was a shame really, the night was going perfectly. Tyson and I had really good conversations, we found out we had a lot in common yet just like always, Stacy had to come and ruin it.

"I know, but I even told her that but she said she wanted to make it up. Look, if you agree to it, I will be there."

I look up at Tyson with my eyebrow raised. "But
boys don't really go to these sort of things. Especially the father." I laugh as Tyson shrugs his shoulders with a goofy grin.

"Who cares, if that means I can make you happy and keep you and my son safe that I don't care."

I give him a genuine smile, his brown eyes lighting up just like the fairy lights. I couldn't help but feel the feeling that I was somewhat starting to develop feelings for Tyson. Feelings that I never knew were to ever exist between us.

"I'll think about it. Did she say when she wanted the baby shower?" I ask as Tyson nodded his head.

"She wanted to do it when you were at least seven months, which isn't too far since you're coming up on your six months."

"Who would we all invite. I don't want to invite your family members that don't even know about me it just seems so wrong to announce you're having a baby at such a young age by inviting them to a baby shower." I say as Tyson just nodded his head.

"My mom already told everyone, everyone is supported except for my mom, well until now."

I nodded my head not really sure what to say to that. I wish I could relate to him, I really do. But the fact that I don't know who most of my family members are due to the fact my mom kept me away, I don't know if anyone is unsupported about it.

Tyson must have known my discomfort because he placed his hand over mine and gave it a gentle squeeze all the while smiling over at me.

"Don't worry Aaliyah, I won't let anyone hurt you. I talked to Hannah also, like a week after our break up."
I didn't say anything, but Tyson knew that I wanted him to continue, even if I didn't say it, my face did.
"She said she isn't mad about the baby thing, but she does want to talk to."

I open my mouth in shock.

Hannah, my sister who's been nothing but a bitch to me, who I didn't find out that she was my sister until recently wants to talk to me?

"Why?" I ask as he shrugs his shoulders not having a clue.

"I guess she felt bad that she wasn't there when you and your father had dinner with her mom, that she wants to clear the air too."

I sigh, looking away from the table and over at the ocean. The dark blue waves just gently rocking as the moon shines above it, casting that beautiful glow, it sort of looked like somebody just painted a picture and that was now our background, but this, this was real.
"Okay, but I don't want to be alone when we talk. I want Cassidy there."

Tyson smiles as he nods his head. "I figured you'd want her there and Hannah honestly said she wanted to clear the air."

I nod my head, giving him a smile as I sit up straighter in my seat. "Okay, enough talk about mom's and ex-girlfriends, this is our date, not theirs."

Tyson smiles and takes my breath away as he takes my hand once again and starts talking about something unrelated to Hannah and his mother.

Tyson pulled into my driveway, the sounds of crickets could be heard through his car.

The moon shined a glow on his face, making my heart race as he gave me the same, but breathtaking smile that seemed to be making my heart beat.

"Thank you for coming to Aaliyah, you made me feel something that I didn't know I could." He said making me smile.

"I had fun Ty, truly."

Tyson smiles and shuts the car completely off and gets out of the car, he quickly runs to my side and opens my door, making my heart hum at his little action.

He walks me to my door, our footsteps being the only sound as we near the door.

I look over at him, his brown hair moving slightly with the soft wind. I give him a smile, before placing my hand in the door.

As I was about to open to door, Tyson did something that surprised me.

He placed his lips on mine, kissing me.

But what surprised me more, was the fact that I was kissing back.