Chapter Forty-two

It's been two months since Boston came into the world, and as much as I loved him with all my life, I do miss being able to sleep until noon or sleeping through the night.

"Are you sure you don't want to take Boston?" Cassidy asks next to Hannah and Sofia who came over. "I think Tyson wouldn't mind."

"Tyson gave her strict orders for Boston to be left home because he wants it to be just them," Hannah says rocking and patting his butt lightly.

"I know why!" Sofia sings causing Cassidy and Hannah to shush her making me laugh and shake my head.
"You know Sofia, I might just have to take you downstairs and have you tell me what Tyson has planned," I reply with a laugh.

"He already told you, you two are going to dinner," Cassidy says rolling her eyes making me shake my head.

I walk over to my closet and take out my white
flats putting them on while spraying my favorite
perfume on. I walk over to where the girls were and gave Boston a quick kiss before downstairs where Tyson was waiting.

When I walked down, he had a huge smile planted on his face. His white button-down shirt and dark washed jeans hung his body perfectly making his muscles show through his shirt.

"You look beautiful as always." He says once I reach the bottom of the stairs making me smile.

"So do you. Are you ready?" Aaliyah asks wrapping her arms around his neck smiling up at him.

"Let me just go give Boston a quick kiss." He says giving me a quick kiss before going up the same steps that I just came down from.

I watch and wait for him to come back, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering as he comes back from my room and backs down the stairs wrapping his arms around me.

"Let's go."

The drive to the place was quiet. We didn't really talk if we did it was mostly about Boston and nothing really else.

For some reason, Tyson was nervous, like really nervous. From the corner of my eye, I could see his body shifting now and then and his hands shaking as it held onto the gear.

"Are you okay?" I asked placing my hand on his thigh causing him to tense up as he clears his throat nodding his head.

"Yeah, we're here." He says parking the car. I look up and stare out the car window a smile making its way onto my face. We were at the same spot that we had our first date and the scenery was the same except for the white sheet hanging between two trees and a projector a little back from it.

Tyson grabs a basket from the back, his cologne hitting me making me shiver at the smell. He smelt really good.

"Come on, I made some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert."

I smile and climb out of the car, the warm weather hitting my face making me smile as the salty taste of the ocean also hits. I take Tyson's outstretched hand allowing him to walk us to the blankets laid out on the grass.

"I brought Sixteen Candles because I know how much you like it," Tyson says giving me a smile as I nod my head.

He opens the basket taking out nicely wrapped
sandwiches and salad, my stomach rumbling as he hands me a plate. I take a turkey sandwich and put salad next to it.

"Have you thought about going to college?" asked breaking the ice.

Tyson nods his head swallowing the bite in his mouth. "I got into NYU, I applied back in March I start in the winter."

"Wow, that's so great. I'm proud." I say as Tyson smiles.

"Yeah, I want you and Boston to come with me." He says making me stare at him wide eyes.

"What? B-but we'd just get in the way of your studies and you-"

"Aaliyah no you won't," Tyson says stand up from the blankets and holding his hand out. "Come here I want to show you something."

I place my hand in his allowing him to help me to my feet. I walk alongside him to the side of the cliff that gives a clear view of the ocean down below. The waves crashing and the moon reflecting off the ocean in a shimmering glow.

"Wow, this is beautiful," I say looking out towards the ocean with a smile.

"Aaliyah, god I'm nervous."

I snap my eyes away from the ocean and down
towards Tyson who was down on one knee, my heart racing as I shift my body so that I was facing him.

"Aaliyah," He says again clearing his throat making me nod my head with a smile. "I know I wasn't the best in the past, but you've changed me honestly. There's just something about you that made me want to be a better person not only for you but for our beautiful baby son. I know I was a major dick at first, but now I think I'm just a plain marshmallow when it comes to you."

I laugh and wipe a tear that fell down my face as he smiles and continues.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

I smile down as he pulls out a box from his pocket, the ring glistening as he opens it making my heart stop. It was beautiful, really beautiful.

"Yes," I whisper.