Chapter Nineteen

I know, how cowardly of me.

Instead of going to my first-period class, I just stayed in the library. I've never skipped class before, so this was a first.

I know most kids my age when they skip class they usually go home to sleep or go to the mall with their friends, but no, I go to the library and cry because a girl was mean to me and a boy was mean.

But for me, it's normal to go and cry in the library and not because I cry whenever my favorite book characters die, no it's because I find closer next to something that I truly love.

So go ahead and say that I'm stupid because I honestly don't care.

"Aaliyah I am so sorry."

I hear Cassidy's voice before I even see her. I start to stand, ready to take whatever came my way as Cassidy walks over to me.

"I swear I didn't tell him to come in here. I just yelled at him for bullying you, and he told me about the baby." Cassidy claims as she pulls me into a hug which surprised me more than anything.

"Why are you hugging me? You're supposed to hate me." I whispered pulling away from the hug making her frown.

"Aaliyah why would I hate you?" she asked tilting her head to the side as if she was trying to get a better signal of me.

"Because Tyson is having a baby because of me," I say looking down at the floor.

"Tyson is having a baby because he was too stupid to put a condom on. It has nothing to do with you, Aaliyah."

I nod my head. I did honestly believe that all of this is Tyson's fault. We wouldn't be in this mess if he didn't rape me. In fact, none of this would happen if I was paired with him in that stupid project that we ended up acing because I did all the work.

"Look, Tyson overreacting because his mom is a bitch and isn't talking to him because of what you two did," Cassidy says wrapping her arm around my shoulder as she pulls me into a side hug.

"He didn't overreact. He's right; this baby is ruining his life." I reply sadly making her stop walking and turns towards me.

"Aaliyah don't say that! This baby is the best thing to ever happen to Tyson." Cassidy says shaking his head. "He may not know it now, but he will."

I shake my head not believing her. Cassidy sighs and turns towards me with her hands on my shoulders.

"Aaliyah Fox look at me." I look up at Cassidy as she gives me a smile.

"This baby is a blessing in yours and Tyson's life. No matter how the baby came to be, it is still a blessing."

"Thank you, Cassidy." I smile truly at her. "You're a great friend."

Cassidy smiles at me and shrugs her shoulders. "I try. I'm not perfect but I am a perfect friend that likes to eat whatever is in your fridge."

I roll my eyes at her as she laughs and puts her
arm around my shoulder again and we continue
on walking out of the library.

"Come on, there are some people that I want you to meet. I think you'll like them." She says as I bite my lip and look at her.

"I don't know Cass, not many people like me to intrude and I'll be intruding."

"Oh stop. You won't intrude. Besides they don't believe me that I've actually made a friend." Cassidy grumbles as we walk out into the deserted hallway.

I give her a quizzing look as Cassidy rolls her eyes and pulls her car keys out of her pockets.

"I'm talking about my parents."

My eyes widen as I start shaking my head. "I can't meet your parents Cassidy. They won't like me just like everyone else in this town and the fa-"

"Don't worry, we're nothing like the Bradford's Aaliyah. You can trust me on this."

I nod my head as I follow Cassidy out to her car. When we reach her car, she unlocks the car and gives me a smile from the other side.

"Just a fair warning, I hope you like Marvel." She says making me laugh before we get into her car.