Chapter Forty-one

TYSON'S POV

I stared down at my son, the smile on my face evidence that he's something that no one can take away from me. Aaliyah was fast asleep, we just got out of surgery and as much as she wanted to spend time with Boston, her body was worn out from all the medication.

"He looks like you." Cassidy whispers from the door, a giant teddy bear with a blue ribbon around its neck and a giant 'It's a Boy!' balloon.

I smile over at her and nod my head, Boston's mouth opening with a yawn before closing it.

Cassidy sets the balloon and the bear down before walking over to me with her arms spread wide.

"Give me my nephew, I got to shower him with love before Sophie gets here," Cassidy says as I hand her Boston.

I watch as she plants a small kiss on his small head as she walks over to one of the chairs. She smiles softly down at him, her hand brushing his brown hair out of his face.

I was shocked when I saw his brown hair. I was for sure thinking he would have had Aaliyah's blond hair. His eyes were her deep blue, something that made me think of Aaliyah every time that I would stare and hold his curious
gaze.

"Have you called your mother and shared the news?" Cassidy asks looking up from Boston and giving me a raised eyebrow.

I shook my head as I lean in the chair, my back cracking from how stiff it was. "No, she made it perfectly clear that she wanted to nothing to do with Boston and I'm not putting him at risk."

Cassidy nods her head as she takes a hold of Boston's small little hand, cooing as it wraps around her finger tightly. A smile as I watch her unfold the blanket, Boston stirring from the cold.

"If you make him cry you're feeding him."

We both turn towards Aaliyah who was sitting up a little, a faint yet sleepy smile still on her face as she gives Cassidy a smile.

Cassidy laughs and shrugs her head. "He'll want his mamma anyway. Plus I want to see his tiny whittle feet." She says the last part in a baby voice.

I roll my eyes at Cassidy as she takes off his white and blue striped sock, her finger lightly brushing against the back of his foot. He squirms for a second before a small pout comes onto his small face before he burst into laughter.

Cassidy awes and plants a small kiss on his head before putting his sock back on and handing Boston over to Aaliyah who gladly takes him with open arms.

"My god, I just love the sound of baby cries."

I roll my eyes and walk over to Aaliyah and plant a kiss on her cheek and kiss Boston's head.

"Alright, I'm going to go take a shower and leave you two girls at it."

"Okay, can you bring me back some apple juice?" Aaliyah asks giving me pouty lips that I couldn't help but kiss.

I smile and nod my head and give her one more kiss again before walking out of the hospital room.

~~~

Okay, I lied.

I wasn't going to go shower. I actually did that at the hospital. Right now, I actually had to do something important. Really important.

I felt bad for lying to Aaliyah, especially since she just had Boston, but this is something that I just couldn't wait on.

"Are you sure you're ready son? This is something that will change your life forever." My father says as we stand outside.

"I'm positive. I need to do this, and if it means I have to deal with another job then so be it."

My dad gives me a smile. "You already work at the office, I can give you more hours or less. For you and Aaliyah and my grandson."

I smile and nod my head.

"It's just more hours dad. Besides it's the family business."

My dad smiles and opens the door motioning for me to enter first. "After you."

I shake my head and step inside, the smell of faint vanilla lingering in the air.

"Hello sir, what can I do for you?" The man asks walking over to me and my dad with a smile.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring."