Chapter Thirty-nine

It's been an hour since the baby shower started and to say the least, I was beyond happy on the turnout. The girls seriously did really outdone themselves on decorations.

With blue streamers hanging around the ceiling, with giant letter balloons spelling out Boston, and a giant cake that was decorated as Eeyore, which just happens to be my favorite Winnie the Pooh character, the whole place was decorated perfectly.

There were two tables set out, one for the cake and the little candies in little bottles or rattles and onesie sugar cooks and cake pops, while the other one was piling up with gifts big and small.

Took over at Tyson's with a smile that matches his own. He catches my eye and gives my temple a kiss before dragging me over to Hannah and Cassidy who were greeting the guest as they walked in.

"They're you two are!" Cassidy says giving Tyson and I hug. "We thought you two weren't going to show up." She says laughing.

"We wouldn't miss our own baby shower, Cass," Tyson said rolling his eyes making me laugh and agree with him.

"That's what I told her," Hannah says shaking her head with a smile.

"Thank you guys, you did amazing," I say looking around the house, as Hannah nods her head as Cassidy shrugs her shoulders.

"It wasn't too hard. What was hard was trying to get this one to agree where everything should go." Cassidy says pointing over to Hannah that rolls her eyes with a shoulder shrug.

"I wanted this to be perfect."

I smile and watch the two interact. Tyson excuses himself and walks over to his friends who were surrounding their girlfriends awkwardly, not really sure what to be doing.

I feel a small tap on my shoulder, and I turn around and meet the eyes of my mother and grandmother.

"Mom? You actually came." I whisper as she gives me a smile as my grandma hugs me.

"I wasn't going to miss my daughters baby shower, you mean the world to me." She mutters pulling me to a hug and kissing the top of my head.

I nod my head, not really sure what to say. mean I'm surprised and happy that my mother was here, but she hasn't talked to me since I moved in with my grandma that I was afraid that she wouldn't want to speak to me let alone want to come to my baby shower.

"Well, I'Il leave you two to talk. I'm going to go steal me some of those cute candy jars." My grandma laughs as she makes her way to the desert table.

My mom and I stand there awkwardly not saying anything except for when the guest would come over and feel my baby bump and congratulate me, but it sort of made me feel uncomfortable because most of the people here were Tyson's friends and the only friends I had here were Cassidy.

Don't get me wrong, the girlfriends of Tyson's friends were super sweet, but I wasn't one to go out and get manicures with them, let alone talk to them without Tyson being around. They're his friends, not mine.

"Would you like to go sit?"

I nod my head and follow my mom out to the deck swing out back. Another sharp pain hit my back but I brushed it off when a pillow hit my lower back putting some comfort to it.

"I really like the name you and Tyson picked out." My mom says smiling as she places a hand on my stomach, Boston lightly kicking her hand.

"Thanks, it really didn't take long for us to agree on a name either. We both liked it."

My mom nods her head and looks out towards the backyard, smiling as the little girls run around playing with Cassidy's dogs getting grass stains on their dresses.

"Ouch." I hiss out as another pinch makes it way to my back but also to my lower abdomen.

"Honey, are you okay?"

I nod my head through a hiss, my eyes slightly closed as I slowly move my position trying to get comfortable.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to go get Tyson?"

I shook my head and gave my mom a tight smile. "I'm fine, I'm just having back pain."

"Honey, you're probably having contractions. Do your pants feel wet?"

I was about to shake my head no, but a wave of coldness hit right in between my legs making me freeze and look up at my mom with worry.

"Mom? Did I just pee my pants?"

My mom laughs and throws her head back before looking at me as she wipes a tear that fell down her face.

"Aaliyah your water inst broke."