Too Soon

"Cher... I want to get married."

Y/N'S POV:

The tears that once flowed from my eyes stopped suddenly as they widened.
"M-Married? Y-you want to get married? To me? I..." I was at a lost for words. He wanted to marry me?

Me and my imperfect self, he deserves more than I have to offer.

"Yup, I want to be with you for the rest of my days~" He snuggled into my chest, looking up at me through his glasses.
"But... why me?"

"Cause look at you, then look at me. I'm a big, angry man with no respect for others who's obsessed with myself.. and you're this untouchable god, someone who stands high above the rest.. someone who gives joy to others. I look like a tiny, yappy, annoying dog compared to you. And think of it! Everyday for the rest of our lives.. we'll be together. Holding hands, cudding, going on dates. And the sex on our honeymoon will just be amazing."

"MONTY EWWW! HAHAHA YOU HORN DOG!" I pressed my hand against his mouth in an attempt to shush him as I giggled.
"What? You know I'm right!" I laughed more at his stupid, horny jokes.
"Okay okay, you loser."

He kissed me softly, his lips pressing against my forehead.
"I love ya Cher~ Don't forget that.."
He laid on top of me, holding himself up slightly because he weighs like a ton.
But then I thought about it.

Us getting married. That just seems... wrong.. Everything about this is wrong. I'm dating a man who I've known only for almost five months, not to mention I .. and this is the first time I'm realizing this.. like really realizing it, started dating him like the day after we met. Plus, we just had this big ass fight.
Marriage... am I ready to settle down?

"Monty..." I whispered, he looked up at me, "don't you think we're maybe thinking about this too soon?"
"What do Ya mean?"
"I mean it's too early to be thinking of marriage. I mean... we've been together for maybe only five months and... I just don't know.."
"Well... how long does it usually take for people to get married?"
"That depends on the people baby, but this is... I can't do this.. Just... not yet. You understand, right?"

"Are you saying... you don't love me enough to marry me?"
"Oh no no no no! Im not saying that at all. But we hardly know each other in a way... and we just... don't mix.. and what if we want to have kids in the future? We can't just... adopt any.. I don't think."
"So what? Who wants kids? They're loud and messy! Besides, who made the rule that you can't get married after five months?"

"Morals."
"Sounds like segregation to me."
I giggled.
"The hell do you know about segregation?"
"Enough to know that this is segregation."
"Okay Gator, it's not, but whatever."

I laid back...
Is marriage what I really need?
I don't think I'm ready for that.
I don't think I'm really ready for anything.

MONTY'S POV:

When Y/N said he didn't want to marry me, I felt something I've never felt before. It felt like my outer shell was being torn through and my heart and insides were being torn out. Was I not good enough? Of course after the whole.. thing, im not. But I can change.. I would change for him.

"Cher... if-if you don't want to get married... that's okay..but.. I want to spend my life with you.. outside of this fuckin' place. God I hate it here."
"Then why not come to my place?"
".. your place? Oh yeah.. I forgot you live somewhere other than here with me."
"Heh.. you wanna check out my apartment?"
"Uhm.. yeah sure.. why not."

He sat up, putting his clothes and shoes on and throwing a coat on as he grabbed his small bag and walked towards the door, turning to look at me, waiting for me.
"Youuuu... coming?" He asked shyly.
"Oh uhm... yeah." I stood up and walked to the door with him. He walked ahead of me to one of the back door where there were no cameras near. He lead me to an exit not accessible to guest. He opened the door and stepped outside, holding the door open for me. I hesitated, I haven't left the PizzaPlex since... since the incident. I could feel the cool.. fall air coming inside the doors. The leaves outside were orange and yellow, falling off of trees from the stinging breeze.