CHAPTER THREE : DARREN

There's a knock. "What" i sigh.

"Sorry young master but the madam said to call you down immediately because the Hiddleston have arrived"

   I turn to look at Searra. I need to get her out of here.

I tear a sheet and write Diego's number on it. "Here, call this number and they will come for the car and repair it" I hand it her then take the telephone and dail Martha. She answers quickly.

"Come to my room Martha" i say and hung up.
   I hurry to the closet room to put on a shirt before Martha misunderstands the situation.  I pause when and look at the mirror. Why do i care if Martha will think of her as a slut. Just as i come out, Martha knocks.

  Searra sighs dramatically, "Don't you get tired of all the knocking" she asks.

   I chuckle, " You have no idea" i say and open the door.

    "Get her out of here Martha. Quietly. No one must see her." I nod for her to follow Martha. For some reason she doesn't fight back as i expect and follows my instructions.

"Thank you" she says.

     "Next time you call make sure i'm the one who answers." the moment i say those words i regret them.

  She just nods and follows Martha away. I close the door slowly. I go and dress up like mom wants.

    I get a text and i'm not surprised when its from Klien.

  Even i'm here. Where the fuck are you and Lucas. Mom's getting pissed.

I swipe it away and pour myself some whiskey. I dung a glass for luck, if i have any.
   I'm about to leave when i pause to make a call.

   "It's early asshole" Diego yawns. "Wait don't you have dinner with the princess" he teases.

   "Someone will call you, go pick up her car and fix it for her. Send me the tab".

"It's a 'her'?" He says in amusement. "I don't want your stained money you bastard. Is she fun". He asks and i suck in a  slow breath.

   "Don't touch her" i threathen.

  He laughs, "This is interesting. Does your princess know someone else has your interest."

    "Diego please"

"There it is. The magic words i was waiting for. I've got you man. If you are so stressed about me not touching her then she must be a gem to look at - from a distance that is" he adds quickly. " and i guess thats enough payment for me. Don't worry i'll go for your girlfriend's car."

  "Thanks bro" i say and hung up.
I leave my phone and head downstairs.

  Mom sees me first. "There he is"

Ava runs to hug me and i stiffen. She pulls me to sit by her. I ache to pull out my phone. This i why i left it.

    "You haven't visited in forever Darren. You'll break my heart." Mrs. Hiddleston says with a smile.

   "Come on mom don't bore him with stuff like that. I have all his time so i'll decide if he gets to see you" Ava says passing her hand through my hair.

   She knows that with our company i won't push her away.
   "So you guys are like officially dating now right" mom asks.

   Ava smiles shyly, "well-".
Noise from the kitcehn makes her stop.
  I close my eyes and sigh but the silence makes me look up.
   Standing there is Lucas, dripping wet with a girl in his arms. It doesn't take me long for me to realise it's Searra.
   I stare at her in shock. She looks scared. She's supposed to have been on her way home by now. Lucas puts her down but i don't lose eye contact and our gazes meet.