CHAPTER SEVEN : DARREN

I hate you. I truly hate you

I wish I could also hate her. It would be easier that way. I drive home without stopping to pick Matthais.

    When I reach home, I go straight to the gym room and begin running on the treadmill.

    I need to get her out of my mind. I get a call from Matthais and pick up.

  "I'm in your room. The shipping is in."

"Did Ruby tell you?"

    "Stay out of my personal life, Cole" he says.

    "I didn't say anything" he pauses then asks, "What about yours?"

     "There's nothing to know"

"Wait, did you two end things"

   "There was nothing to end."

  "Ouch. Well don't brood too much. I'm waiting for you, I have a date".

    "Ruby?" I ask.

"I wish. Shipping, remember?"

I finish with the treadmill and go up to my room.

    Matthais is lying on my bed when I enter.
   I go to the bathroom to take a shower and Matthais enters with me.

     "So..."
.
I enter the shower and turn it on. "What?"

   "Do I need to say it. I thought she was your girl"

   "Let it go Matthais. Has Klien gone to check out the shipping."

   "It's  a guess. Your dad still hasn't given orders" he pauses then asks, " Aren't you worried about what your family might do to her? Don't you want to know what I found out today"

   I come out of the shower, " The new shipping is enough to keep them busy but nonetheless have someone keep and eye on her. Nothing out of the ordinary should happen to her"

"And what should I do with the report?"

   "There will be no report. You are not to tell me anything about her from now on. Just have someone watch her. I don't need anything else from her"

   "Really?" He laughs, "so it is all play?"

  "Matthais, please just drop it"

   "So it's back to Ava right? Even I am sick of her near you. She acts like she owns you all in the namesake of childhood friends. Are you really going to be that asshole "

  "She hates me okay" I shout then sigh. "Let me dress up then we'll go to the docks."

   I put on an all black attire and we head for the banks.

    When we arrive, I see Klien's men there.

   "It's two against thirty - six. How bad can it be" Matthais says as we walk to the ship.

   Justus, Klien's right man spots us first.

"Go back kids" he says.

Klien turns to us and signals his men to stand down, "A little too early for you to be out, baby brother"

  I ignore him and walk to the boxes.

    A glance is all I need but Klien is faster. He closes the box quickly.

   "Go home Cole" he says. I know that look. He is ticking. I'm guessing it true. He is smuggling something else.

    "Why don't I help you deliver some of the stuff to the factory" I say.