CHAPTER TWELVE : SEARRA

My head feels fuzzy. I open my eyes. This is not my room. I try to open my eyes fully but everything goes black again.

    The sound of a shower wakes me up.
This bed looks famillair.
  I get up and slowly part the curtains by the bed. This room.

   Everything that happened hits me. That fucker. He kidnapped me in broad daylight.

  I go and look out the window, a guard is feeding the dogs. It's almost sunset.

    The shower goes off and I hurry to a table for anything. I open the first drawer and find a gun.

     I take a step back staring at him. Proof of who this guy is.

  "You are awake" he says from behind me.

  I push my anxiety down and grab the gun turning.

   "Be careful with that, it's loaded." He says as if he is more worried about me mistakingly shooting myself than the fact that there's a gun being pointed at him.

    His phone rings and he calmly walks to check it.

   His face changes, he is annoyed. He rejects the call and turns back at me.

     "Your dresses will be up very soon."

  "You can't just kidnap me and expect me to do what you want."

  "Really Searra put the gun down, you are an amateur enough to get yourself killed" he steps towards me.

   "Aren't you scared" I ask stepping back.

"For you, always"

I don't know how to take that. I look away, "At least get a shirt on"

    He smirks licking the side of his lips, "Does seeing me like this make you uncomfortable" he continues walking towards me.

    "You have a lot of trust in that towel" I gulp.

   He's closer now, I lean back on the table as he reaches me, the gun touching his bare chest.

  Slowly he pushes a strand of my hair back and whispers in my ear, "As you have in me to be pointing a gun at me while still in a bathing gown.

His lips gently brush my ear and I feel my stomach tingle. 

       He sighs and whispers, "not yet" as if he is talking to himself.

   Stepping back, he walks to his dressing room. It's when he is about to completely dissappear that I see the gun in his hands.

   I look down in my hands and the gun is gone.

    Minutes later there is a knock on the door.

    I go to open it to find Martha staring at me with shock. The shock wears off and she smiles, "We meet again. I'm guessing the dresses are for you"

  I nod and she enters with the rack. "If you need anything else ring for me" She says and leaves.

   I go through the clothes. These look expensive.  My hand unconsciously rubs my robe then I remember I'm wearing a robe.
Ah, Martha is gonna misunderstand again.
   A phone rings.

"Who is it" Darren asks from the bathroom.

I go and check it. It's Ava. I almost forgot about her.

    Darren comes out of the room buttoming his shirt.

   I hand him the phone,  "Ava". My tone shocks me.

  He takes the phone and answers still staring at me.

   He allows her talk for a while thn says, "I call you later" then hangs up.

    "It's business" He says like I asked.

  I shrug and continue to go through the clothes. I mean it's not like I care.

I pick a blue strapless dress with a coat and he nods towards the walk on wardrobe.

    It's a whole room on its own. I lock the door and try not to stare too much. This place is amazing.

  I quickly change and find a brush for my hair. I don't know why I'm surprised when I see a lot of girls stuff in a drawer.

  Classic. I finish up and use a little lip gloss. The owner won't be able to tell, I hope.

   When I come out, he is sitting in a couch facing me directly.

   He gets up and walks to me. Hands slowly going behind my neck, he hooks a necklace on me.

    "It's a gift"

"Who says I want your gift"

   "You'll need it" he says and opens the door. "Shall we"

    I'm rooted to the ground. "Wait, a little breather"

  "Do I need to carry you again."

"This time I'll really kill you" I say. "Let's go" 

  I follow him downstairs to the second floor.

     He pauses in the hallway and walks closer to me, " If anything goes....bad. He has a gun in his cabinet drawer. Second"

"And I thought your father was some harmless man who wanted to talk" I tease.

  He runs his tongue against the corner of his mouth then nods, "I hope you mouth can save you"

  When he says mouth, his eyes stray to my lips for a short moment.

  There's that look I can't quite comprehend.

  He knocks on a door and a gruff voice says, "Come in"

   He opens it for me and that's when I realise, he's not coming. No wonder he was talking like that.

   I suck up the fear and enter then he closes the door behind me.

      The man sitting in front of me is definitely not what I expected. He's smiling. He puts down a cigar and gets up.

   "Miss Searra. I've been so eager to meet you. Please have a seat. Want anything to drink."

   "No I'm okay" He points to a sofa and I sit. I scan the office. Its an ordinary office room but with a lot of books. The book shelfs tell me that the office is bigger than I think.

    He walks to a corner and pours himself some whiskey.
   Leaning on the table, he turns to me and studies me.

  "Must have been a shock to have been called like that. If only my son had kept his pants on"

   I swallow, "What, its actually..."

"No need explaining yet, dear. You are a hot topic for my staff here. Well the fact that you are standing in front of me, I guess that guarantees me to skip the formalities". His smile drops...a little.

    "I'm sorry you got involved in this but now you have, I can't let you go. Are you willing to risk it all for your neck" he says so straightforward it takes me by surprise.

   I get up and step back.

"You are a runner" he smirks.

   "I don't want to be involved in some sort of drug deal. I'm sorry but I can't take your offer. I have school and my family to worry about."

   "Such a big family you have at hand" I know he is being sarcastic. I'm sure by now he has almost every information on me.

    "That's rude to say" I say.

He smiles, "I apologise. Let's reframe this", he takes a file from his desk and hands it to me.

   I take it and open it.

    THE 'I DONT WANT TO DIE' AGREEMENT.

   I'm standing in front of a man who under this smile I know is very dangerous. This might even be the last time I get to see this side of him.

   Yet when I open my mouth, all I can say is, "That's a stupid ass name"