CHAPTER FIVE : SEARRA

Laanie is staring at me again. She has been doing that for a while now.
    I return the book to the shelf and turn to her.
   "What"

"Nothing" she says and looks away. I walk to the counter.

   "Have I got something on my face or what"

   "No, it's just...I've never seen you at a party before"

   I smile, "I go to parties just not regularly."

  "Well are you busy thursday evening"

    " Not sure, why"

     "I'm having this party, if you are interested. You can bring your friend"

    "Alex? I'll ask." I say and continue checking returned books.

     When I'm done, I check out.
"Bye" I wave at Laanie and head out.

   It doesn't take long for me to notice someone in a hoodie is following me.

    My heart begins to beat faster as I skip down steps.
     The person gets closer to me and I take in a deep breath. Maybe the person is just going my way.

   A hand touches my shoulders and I lose it. I twist it and turn to kick the person's shin.
     He falls down and curses, "shit"
   I twist the hand again and he removes his hood. "Hold on it's me"

    I let go, "Who are you?"

"Giveon" he says and curses himself," Sorry I met you at the library"

   It's still not ringing a bell.

"Row 12, fourth shelf." He says as he gets up. When he sees I'm still confused he adds, "I asked where I could find a book and you told the the exact location and said you had just finished reading it"

    It finally rings a bell, "Row 12, fourth shelf, '10 things that live in the dark'?"

     "Yeah, wow you still remember" He smile.

    "It's been almost a week, how do you remember?" I ask him.

   "Well i've kind of been looking for you. Now I actually sound like a stalker" he says and I chuckle. "I never got to say thank you"

    "Don't bother. See you around i guess" I say and turn to leave but he holds my hand.

   I look at him again.

  "I was hoping I could treat you to lunch"

   "It's really not a problem" I say and remove my hand from his grip.

    "Then I'll take that as an apology. For kicking me. I mean it still hurts...aww..." he holds his shin and I can't help but laugh.

   "If I do, will you allow me to finally leave?" I ask.

   He straightens, "I'll get the car. Please don't leave" he says and runs back to the library.

       I can leave but I stall myself by repeating the things Alex and I forgot to buy at the grocery shop over and over again until a white car stops in front of me.

       Giveon rolls the window down,"Get in"

     He takes me to a park instead of a restaurant.

       "I thought we were going to eat"

"Yeah", he gets down and when I see he is going to open my door for me, I open it and quickly get out.

  He smiles and takes a picnic mat from the car boot and sets it.

   "Really" I cross my arms."Couldn't have given me a heads up"