CHAPTER TWENTY THREE : DARREN

The moment we arrive, I regret bringing her.
   I hate how those fucking idiots run their eyes on her but I know if I say we should go back she will be annoyed.

   "Go, I'm sure I can find you when I'm done" she says and walks away.
    I shouldn't have allowed her to come.

    "You brought her" Diego says with a cocky smile. "I must admit she is easy to notice"

"Fuck off" I say and go to the lifts.

   I'm too focused trying to pretend not to be looking her way that i almost don't sense Caleb approach.

  I turn sharply and he takes a step back.
  "What's making you annoyed baby brother"

   "I'm not" I say.
  He glances at Searra's direction, "Wait you are serious about her?"

    I pause.

He laughs and sits next to me, "Interesting. Tell me, brother, apart from her beauty, what has been able to capture your attention so much"

    I continue with the lifts. "Lying to yourself is different from lying to someone else. When you lie to someone it's a broken deal, but when you lie to yourself Cole, it's a broken soul"

   "You're better to talk." I say.

  He pauses, "You are still the clueless ungrateful brat I know" he says and gets up. "You are lying to people and might as well be lying to yourself and that my dear brother is insanity" he says and turns to walk away but pauses and sighs.

  "You want money?"
He rolls his eyes. "Do you have physical cash?"

   I chuckle and pull out the envelope.

He takes it without so much as a thank you.

   When I look back, Searra is not there. I get up and look around.

   I call Diego, "Where is she?"

  He looks around, "I swear she was right there,"
    "Go check the washroom, I'm going out,"  I say and hurry downstairs, calling Julian on the way, "I want the cctv video of the last five minutes in the gym. I say and hang up.

   My mind runs through the places she could be.

  I go down to the car park, and the fact that I actually find her shocks me to a stop.
  A car passes by me. I don't need to look back to know who it is.

   She turns to me, and I know I'm in trouble.

     "Are you watching me?"

  "Always," I sag and take a step to her.

  "I'm serious,"

  "What did he tell you?" My mind runs through all the things Lucas could have said that will scare her away. It's a lot.

   "Do you have people watching me?"

  My silence is her answer.

"Since when?"

  "Will you leave?"

She scoffs, "After everything I done to prove I won't, you still believe I will."

  "Well, forgive me if I have trust issues," I mumble.

   She scoffs and begins to walk away.
  "Wait, Searra," I go after her. When I try to hold her hand, she pulls away.
       "You know why I let you stay over. Because I didn't for fucking once think I'd be in danger with you."

  "It was for your protection"

"But you didn't tell me because all this while you still do not trust me"

   I hold her hand and this time she allows me to hold on for a while. Her head slowly falls on my shoulder,"This thing, whatever it is, cannot work without trust, Cole" she slowly pushes from me and walks away. This time I don't follow her.

  It has been 20 minutes and dad has still not agreed to see me. Brute jumps out of the pool and shakes himself all over me, "Really buddy"

   I feel someone watching me and look up ti see dad's curtains close gently.

   That's it. I walk up to his office. "I know you are there"

   Jule, his assistant opens the door, "Impertinent as always. You father doesn't have the time and energy for this."

   He looks back inside as if talking to someone, "He says if you want to talk. Your graduation is in a week how about you focus on that" he says them slams the door in my face.
       That scumbag.  I go to my room and it doesn't delay for someone to knock.
  "What" I spit out when I open it.

Marina takes a step back, "Sorry but the Sir said to remind you that you are not sleeping in his house until you graduate"

   She's scared. I shut the door to save her from any further actions.
  I call Matthais.
"Just graduate Cole. I'm sure your father will listen to you after that"

Of course, he got to Matthais, too.
"Want to spare?"

  There's a silent pause. He's with Ruby. "Who made you angry for you to suggest?"

"Let's meet at the SouthLock." I don't give him time to talk and hang up.
  It doesn't take long for Klien to find out we are at his base.

  "Get out. Who even let you in"

"I'm a Rogidè. No one can reject me."

  He snorts, "Heard about the girl, what about that?"

   "Lucas is an open-mouthed tad,"

"Right, you have 20 minutes. That's as much a my generousity can stretch, brother. After that, you'll be an outsider trespassing on dangerous grounds. "

   "I want a place to sleep,"

He doesn't even turn back, "Not my problem."

I turn to Matthais, "Absolutely not. Ruby's over. "

   "I didn't ask."

"Right. It's not my place, and I definitely do not care about whatever you two are doing, but if it's your fault, make it clear. "

  "Who said it's my fault?"

He looks at me and shakes his head, "Last round, then I'm out."

"Last round," I say.

My head is killing me. It's all blurry. I feel someone walk close to me. The bed shifts under the person's wait. Ava?  Her hands come close to my face, and i grab it, stopping the person.

"Shh. It's me. You are alright,"

    I immediately let the hand drop. "I thought you didn't want to see me again,"

   "Sleep," she whispers, stroking my face.