1. Live Your Life

Karter's POV
I wake up to the smell of coffee and pancakes. As sit up I grab my phone and check the time, 10:56 coo. I get up and head straight to my bathroom. I grab my deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste then sat it on the counter. I start to brush my teeth and check my emails.

After I finish brushing my teeth, I hopped in the shower and then did my skincare routine. After moisturizing the rest of my body I went into closet and grabbed the outfit I picked out last night. I laid the outfit on the bed and grabbed my favorite perfume. After getting dressed I put on my sandals and spray my perfume.

I grab my phone, AirPods, lip gloss, and my charger making sure to put them in my tote bag. Once I've got everything I head downstairs to the kitchen. "Hey ma. Hey dad." I was over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of cranberry juice. "Goodmorning baby. There's pankcakes, eggs, and sausage on the counter. Your dad made all your favorites." I looked back and forth between both my parents. "You haven't made me anything since I told y'all I wanted to move out..." I closed the fridge and leaned against the counter. My mom stood up from the table and walked over to my dad at the kitchen island.

My mom started to talk but my dad cut her off. "It's- We decided that we want to help you." I looked at my dad then my mom then back at my dad. "Why?.." "Well, your mother and I thought about what you said and we want to help. I know you've been saving all your money to find and apartment and I also know you've been wanting to open your business.." As soon as those words left his mouth I wanted to scream! But I kept my composure. "And why did y'all suddenly change y'all's minds? Last time y'all made it seem like I was disrespectful and I most definitely was not." All of a sudden they wanna help but a few months ago it was the worst thing I could've told em. My mom walks over to me and grabs my hand. "You deserve you're privacy like you said. You're a young lady and you're an adult. If you want to move out then who are we to stop you. Yes we will miss our baby but you still can make your own choices."

She lets go of my hand and walks back over to my dad. She leans on his shoulder and he hugs her waist. "I talked to one of my buddies who owns some apartments and he just so happens to be looking for someone to move in. It's about 30 minutes from here, it's close to a shopping plaza and the apartment has a pool." I screamed and ran to my parents. For months they were upset with me about moving out and now they're not anymore. I don't even wanna think about it to hard, let's just agree before they change their minds. "Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu!! Can I go see the apartment now?" "Yes. You're actually meeting him at 2 so if you leave right now you'll be there just in time." I hug them again then grab my keys and head to the apartment.

As I get out my car I see my dad's old friend from high school waiting for me in front of the apartment. I walk over to him and give him a hug. "Thank you so much for this. I've been having such a hard time looking for an affordable place." He opens the gate and hold it open for me. "It's really no problem. You're old man felt bad about how they reacted so he felt this would make it right. And hopefully it does, this apartment has a pool, private parking with guest parking included, a gym, a spa, and a small playground on the other side on the building." This place definitely what I was looking for. "This place is really nice. I hope it's not to expensive." As we're walking through the building we stop at the end of the hall. "This apartment is our last available apartment. It's suppose to be the managers apartment but I decided to just have the manager off property." He unlocks the door and waits for me to walk in. As I'm walking in I take in the amazing view. Everything is brand new. "Everything was just put in a few weeks ago. All the furniture is custom, again brand new, so feel free to keep it but if not I can have it taken out for you. The only think you'll need is a bed." I walked into the living room and seen a huge flat screen, a gray couch, a glass coffee table. From there I went to the kitchen and seen matching stainless steel appliances and marble countertops and a beautiful kitchen island with white bar stools. I walked to the end of the hall and open one of the doors. It was a nice sized bathroom. Everything was all white. Lastly I went into the bedroom. It was empty but had white walls and brown wooden door panels. It had a huge window that had a perfect view of the pool from here. "Will they be able to see me?" I pointed towards the people at the pool. "No it's tinted on the outside so you can see out but they can't see in. You have total privacy from anyone's view." This was exactly what I was looking for I just really hope I can afford it. "I absolutely love this place. It's literally exactly what I was looking for. I just wanna know about the price. I have enough for 1st and last months rent and a deposit. Well that's if it's within my budget of course.."