3. Appearances

Karter's POV
The shops only been open a week and we're already sold out of few of our sets. I placed an order in Thursday so everything should be here on tomorrow. My parents came to the shop the day after the grand opening. They took a bunch of pictures and posted them ALL over their Facebook.

As I'm sitting in my office, Kim comes in and tells me my 3 o clock appointment is here. "Okay you can her send in." A few seconds later, Maiya walks in. I stand up and greet her. "Welcome to D'Luxe. Thank you for coming." I shake her hand, we sit down and I start the interview asking her about her previous work experience.

"Looking at your resume you have a lot of customer service experience. And from our conversation today I think you'd be a great fit here." "Thank you so much Ms. Santiago." I smile and wave her off. "Call me Karter, I want you to feel comfortable at work. This is a business but it's also a safe space." We stand up and I walk around the desk. "You can start on Monday. We're closed on Sundays so you can have a day to prepare." Once she leaves I fix up my files and head out the office.

"So how was her interview?" I look over at Kim and walk towards her. "It was good she seems really nice and has a good resume. We'll have a little more help now." We both agreed with that. "Yeah ever since Dave posted our shop more people been stopping by." She starts smirking so I side eye her and roll my eyes. "Yeahh, my friend got us some more traffic in here." She smacked her lips and walked to the register. "So a few of my friends are going to this club tonight. Wanna come?" I look over at her and nod my head. "Yeah I'll go. We definitely need to celebrate our first week of being open."

Once 6 comes around we close the shop and head to our cars. "We're going to the club at 10 so be ready about 9:30. I'll text you when I'm on my way." "Okay." I give her a hug and get in my car. I text Dave and let him know I'm on my way home. Once I get home, I take off my clothes and hop in the shower. When I'm out I grab an oversized t shirt and sum shorts.

As I walk into the kitchen my phone starts ringing and it's Dave. "Hello." "Wassup ma. You good?" I set my phone on the counter and put him on speaker. "Yeah I'm good. I just got out the shower, so I'm about to see what I can make for dinner." Then I see he is trying to FaceTime me. I answer and set my phone up. "Don't make nun. I ordered you sum food it should be there soon." I turn around and look at my phone. "What if I woulda ate already?" He looked at me and smiled. "But you didn't." I rolled my eyes leaned on the counter.

"How far are they?" After taping on his phone a few times he answers. "They pulling up to yo door inna minute." I walk to the door and look through the peephole. I see a girl walking up to my door with a tray in her hand. "Dave what the fuck did you order." He doesn't say anything as I open the door. "For Karter?" The girl asks. "Yes." She hands me the tray and a bag. I take it inside and set it on the stove. I go and lock the door before setting my phone up.

"Dave, how big you think I am?" He comes back into the camera looking serious. "Don't say no dumb shit like that. I Ike you just how you are. Hungry and all. Just open the damn tray." I roll my eyes and open the tray. It's full of birria tacos. "Daaaave! I've been craving this for 2 days." I grab a plate and put my tacos on it. "They look so good." I grab my phone as I sit at the bar. I take a picture and post it on my story then set my phone up so he can see me eat.
K4RTER