8. Young and Thankful

Karter's POV
When I walk through the door, Maiya and Kim are already working. I take my things to the office then come out and greet the girls. "Hey y'all! How was the morning shift?" Maiya gives me a hug then says. "It was good! We had a lot of customers come in. They are loving the Thanksgiving sale." I nod my head and look around the store. "Was the restock easy? I tried to leave as little as possible last night." Kim walked over to me and handed me a folder so I flip through it. "Yeah it was easy, I'm glad we were able to get our shipment." "Yeah we gonna be closed tomorrow anyways so it woulda been inconvenient for a shipment honestly." We talk a bit more until some customers come in.

I check my Apple Watch and see Dave texted me. I went behind the register and took out my phone and gave him a call. After a few rings he picks up. "Hey ma. What you got goin on?" "I'm working I just seen your text so I decided to call you." He laugh then says. "You ain't got no customers?" I roll my eyes. "You don't wanna talk or somethin? Because you ain't have to pick up." "Woman I'm just askin you a question." I pause for a second then respond. "Okay well I actually don't have no customers rn." He laughs and shuffles around. "I sent Maiya and Kimora on their lunch break. So I'm just in here bored." He FaceTimes me so I answer and set my phone up. "You look pretty ma." I smile and cover my face a little. "Thanks bae. I used the makeup you brought me." He takes a few pictures of me and smiles.

"What time you closing today? We still going to yo peoples house tomorrow?" I nod my head and sit down in the chair at the table behind the register. "Yeah my mom wants us to be there at 7. So that means we gotta be there at 6:30 so we can eat by 7." He nods his head and takes a pull from his wood. "And we closing at 3 today." "Ima come over at 4 tomorrow." "Okay. When you come can you bring some churros?" "Yeah ma I gotchu." We talk for a few more minutes then he gets a call from his mom.

"Ima call you back later ma." We say our goodbyes and hang up. I put my phone on the charger and start fixing up the store. When the girls come back, there still aren't any customers we talk about our plans for Thanksgiving.

We start closing the registers and locking up the shop. We grab our bags from the office and make our way out the back door. After locking up we say our goodbyes and go to our cars. I get in and start the car heading home. I stop by wingstop and picked up a 8pc combo of Korean bbq and a fruit punch. When I get home I text Dave and go in my room to grab my laptop. I sit at the bar and put on Dexter then start eating. When I'm done eating I throw away my trash. I see it's full so I wash my hands and pause my show. I grab take off the lid and take out the trash bag. I grab my key and open door. I close the door and take the trash down the hall. I put it done the trash chute and get some of the hand sanitizer from the dispenser.

As I'm walking back I see Kam coming out his apartment. "Hey Kam." He locks his door and turns around. "Wassup K. Where you coming from?" I laugh and say. "What happen to bestie? I lost my status or sum?" He smacks his lips and smiles. "See now I stop callin you bestie you miss it. You in denial at this point." We laugh and I wave him off. "Yeah whatever. And I was taking out my trash. Where you goin?" He looks at his watch then looks at me and answers. "I'm takin Kimora out to dinner tonight. She gone be busy tomorrow so I thought we'd spend time together today." I smile and nod my head. "Okayy okay. I see you. Well y'all have a good time and take pictures. We need them for the memories!" He laughs and he walks me to my door. We hug and say our goodbyes then I open the door and go inside. I lock the door and take my laptop to my room and put it on the bed. I sit on the bed and then press play.

As the next season started to play. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. I seen it was 9:52. I pause the show and close the laptop. I get up and see Khloe sleeping inside her pink cat tower. I go to the closet and grab my black pajama short set. I go to my drawer and grab my panties. I take it to the bathroom and turn on the shower. After 20 minutes I get out the shower and wrap my towel around me as I brush my teeth. I finish drying off them out on my pajama. I wrap my hair and get into bed. Khloe is already laying next to my laptop so I turn off the light and get into bed. I grab my phone and respond to a few texts from Dave, Kimora and my mom. I get on instagram and watch a few stories. After a while I come across Kam's story then Dave's.