12. We Both Grown So...

Karter's POV
I hop out the shower and start to dry off. I slip on my panties then put on my bra. I brush my teeth then put in my pajamas and I grab my phone to call Dave. After a few rings he picks up. "Wassup baby." I smile at the phone and put him on speaker. "Hey baby. Has she picked up Nel yet?" I walk into the room and lay on my bed. "Nah she said she's on her way though." "Well hopefully she doesn't take much longer." We talk for a bit then the doorbell rings. I hear the door open and he says. "You got her ticket ready?" "Of course I do. Why you even askin me stupid questions."

He calls Chanel and I hear her run in. "Hi mommy." "Ima take her bags to the car." I hear footsteps and the door close. "You like my suitcase? Daddy got it for Christmas!" "It's very pretty Nel." A little while after the trunk closes then a door opens. "I love you baby. Ima see you soon alright." "I love you too daddy. Tell Karter I love her too and see her soon!" The door closes then I hear Millie smack her lips and Dave says. "Y'all have a safe trip home." "Yeah. Bye Dave." The door closes again then Dave clears his throat.

"Hello." "I'm still here baby." "Yeah so what you doin ma?" I look at my nails then over to Khloe as she jumps on the bed. "I just got out the shower, I'm lying in bed now." He FaceTimes me so I answer then set my phone up on the pillow. "You look good baby." I smile and blow him a kiss. "Thank you baby." "So why you getting ready for bed when it's only 8. You got work tomorrow?" I shake my head and say. "No but I got work the day after. He nods his head and I look down at my promise ring and touch it a few times. "You good baby?" I look up and nod my head. "Im just lookin at my ring." He looks at me then says. "I'm glad you wear it everyday." I scrunch my eyebrows then says. "Ion take it off unless it necessary. We locked in now." He laughs the claps his hands. "Good because if I ever see you without it, that's yo ass." I laugh then roll my eyes. "Yeah alright bae."

We talk for a few more minutes then his dad calls so he hands up. I look over at Khloe and see her sleeping so I get up and walk into the kitchen. I open the fridge and take out my strawberry parfait I bought earlier. I grab a spoon and sit at the bar and start to eat. There's a knock on my door so I set my yogurt down and go over to the door and open it. I look up and see Carson at the door. "What are you doing here?" He looks me up and down then says. "Damn... you still look as good as you did all them years ago." I scrunch my face then close and lock the door.

I grab my phone and call Dave. "Hello." "Bae why the fuck did Carson just show up at my door." He shuffles around then says. "He what! I'm on my way right now." He hangs up and I look at my phone. A few minutes later there's a knock at the door and I look through the peephole. I open the door and say. "Hey Kam what's goin on?" He smiles then walks in. I look at him for a second then close the door. "I'm waiting for Dave to come over." He sits at the bar then looks at me. "I know." I lock the door then roll my eyes. "Why you here then, you already annoying me."

He laughs the says. "Dave asked me to come over here til he got here. He said ole boy popped up." I nodded my head. "Yeah, ion know how he even got my address." He shakes his head then says. "Just be carefully. Call me if you need sum. Any time, don't hesitate." I nod my head and give him a quick hug. There's another knock so Kam goes and opens it. Dave comes in and daps him up. "Thanks man. I appreciate it fr." Kam nods his head then says. "You know I got y'all." He waves at me then walks out the door. "Later y'all." Dave closes the door then locks it.

He walks over to me and pulls me into a kiss. "You good ma? He ain't do nun weird? Besides popping up." I rub my hands down his back and say. "I'm good he just looked at me is all. But I closed the door in his face." He nodded his head then led me to the bed. I lay down and he takes off his jacket and sweats. He gets into bed then pulls me halfway onto him. "So I been thinkin." I look up at him then wait a few seconds. When he doesn't say anything I say. "Thinkin about...?" He looks down then chuckles. "My bad ma you got me kinda nervous." I sit up on my knees and face him. "Wassup baby... everything okay?" He nods his head and grabs my hands.