7. Gimme More

Karter's POV
I turn off the shower and step out. I brush my teeth the put on my black leggings and Nike sports bra. I go to my dresser to put on my deodorant and perfume. I grab some socks and slip them on then go to my vanity and put my hair into a ponytail. I put on my slides then go to the kitchen cabinet and grab the granola. I take out 2 bowls and take out the yogurt and strawberries. I cut them up then put everything in into the bowls.

As I'm finishing cleaning up there's a knock on the door. I open the door and Kam comes in. He gives me a hug then goes to sit at the bar. I close and lock the door then go over to the counter. I pick up the bowl and pass it to him. "I had some extra time so I made us something so we don't gotta buy anything." He grabbed the bowl as he sits down. "Thank you." As we ate I posted some of the new clothes we just got at the shop. When we were done I washed the dishes then went to my room and put on my pink new balance shoes. I grab my purse and keys and we head out.

We walk to his car and he opens the door for me and I get in. While he's driving to the gym we talk about the workouts he wants us to try. When we get there we park and go inside. We sign in and I go the locker room and put my purse inside. When I go back out Kam is waiting for me. We start off with some warm up stretches then start working on our legs. I grab the medicine ball and start doing squats. When we finish our reps he goes off to do pull-ups. I walk over to the treadmill and put my AirPods in. I start the machine after I play my music.

Before we left the gym he took a picture of us in the mirror and tagged me. I reposted it and we made our way to the car. By the time we left I was sore and hungry. As we're driving home he stops at in n out and buys us some food. After we get our food he parks and we sit in his car and eat. "I know we shouldn't be eatin this but I been thinkin bout it the whole workout." I laugh and shake my head. "We just gone have to stay an extra 30 minutes at the gym next time." We finish up our food then head home. He parks the car and we get out and he walks me to my door. "Next time I'll buy us food." He shakes his head waves me off. "You know I don't mind paying. You make good company so we can call it even." We laugh then say our goodbyes. He gives me a hug and I go inside and lock the door.

I hop in the shower then throw on an oversized t shirt and some shorts. I get in bed and decide to watch Dexter. I turn on the tv and play my show. During the second episode my phone starts ringing and I see it's Dave. "Hello.." He was quiet for a second then he spoke. "Thanks for answering." "Mhm." He sighed and continued. "I miss you ma.. it's been over a month already. Thanksgiving is literally next week." I look at my nails and roll my eyes. "I know." "Look I know you're angry and baby I'm so sorry. I will keep saying it a million times because I mean it. I know to be honest. I know never hide anything from you again. I won't lie. I will do whatever you need me to prove that to you Karter. Please.. I know I was wrong and I will never do it again."

I really want to tell him to come to me but I know I shouldn't. At least not yet. "I hear you David." He smacks his lips and says. "Please don't start with that Karter. Come on ma.. I miss you.." I sign and stay quiet for a second. "I miss you too.." "You gone let me come see you ma? Please.." I honestly don't know what to do. "I don't know.. maybe that's not a good idea right now." "Why I ain't seen you in damn near 6 weeks. You don't return my call, my texts, you just be watching my stories." "What you expect me to do? Just let you back and act like it never happened? I can't just do that. This shit really hurt me." "Let me come see you.. please" I let out a sign before answering. "You only staying for an hour. That's it." "I'm on my way."

When I closed the door Dave pulls me into a very long hug and I realize I really missed this. After a few minutes he pulls away and cups my face. "I'm so sorry ma. I never meant for this to happen.." I just nod my head and enjoy our closeness. He leads us to the couch and pulls me on top of him. I put my hands on his chest and try to get up. He holds me down by my hips then pulls me to his chest. "Don't leave.. I just wanna hold you." I stop pushing him away and he lays his head on my chest holding me tight.