19. Anniversary

Dave's POV
I pull into the garage and grab the cake and hop out my truck. I walk in and put the cake inside the fridge. I go into the room and see Karter at her vanity, doing her skincare. "Hey baby." I kiss her neck and she smiles up at me. I go into the closet and take off my clothes, grabbing my boxers. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower then hop in. As I'm showering a hear Karter walk in. "How was your show baby?" I wash my stomach as I respond. "It was good, they had an after party but I was ready to get back home to y'all." She laughs as she sits on the counter.

After I get out, I dry myself off as Karter watches me. I slip on my boxers then take her hand and lead her into the room. I grab my phone and put on some music. Anniversary by Tony Toni Toné starts to play and she laughs as I toss my phone the side then pull her to me.

Tomorrow will come, and girl, I can't wait
It's our anniversary, anniversary
The first thing I'll do is run straight to you
It's our anniversary, anniversary
It's our anniversary (it's our anniversary, anniversary)
It's our anniversary (it's our anniversary, made for you and me)
And I've only made plans to hold your little hand
It's our anniversary, anniversary

We dance to the song and a spin her a few times before pulling her against me and holding her stomach.

It's our anniversary, anniversary
Victoria won't be no secret at the end of the day
It's our anniversary, anniversary
A small cup of tea to you and me
It's our anniversary

When the song finishes I spin her around again as she laughs. "You're so old." I look at her and smack my lips. "A nigga not old, just older." She laughs and pulls away and goes into the bathroom as I follow her. We start brushing our teeth and I watch her through the mirror. When we're done, we turn the light off then get into bed. "Can you believe it's been a year already?" I turn her to me then lay her on my chest. "It doesn't feel like it, it feels like we been together for years." We laugh and she nods her head. "We having this baby now and we find out the gender tomorrow!"

"I'm glad we waited til now to find out the gender, it's gone make our day even more special." "It's been so hard going to the appointments and not knowing." I rub my hand down her back, as she gets comfortable against me. "At least now the day is finally here." She nods her head and after a few minutes she falls asleep.

I wake up and see Karter is still sleeping, so I get out of bed and quietly go into the kitchen. I take out the cake so it's not so cold when she gets it. I take out some eggs and turkey bacon the go to the cabinet and take out some pancake mix. I start making us breakfast then once I'm done I put it on the tray and pour us some orange juice. I take everything back into the room and set it beside her. "Happy anniversary baby." After a few seconds she opens her eyes and looks at me. She smiles at me as she sits up and gives me a kiss. "Happy anniversary baby." I set the tray across her lap and put the legs down. "Awe this cake is so cute!" We start eating as we have a light conversation.

 "Awe this cake is so cute!" We start eating as we have a light conversation